Georgia Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys
Georgia Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers
Motor vehicle accidents happen to even the most careful drivers. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that 32,719 people were killed and 2,313,000 were injured in traffic crashes on U.S. roadways in a single recent year.
Our attorneys have more than 60 years of combined experience handling Georgia accident cases. We take pride in going above and beyond in client service. When you work with our firm, we will keep you informed and provide one-on-one personal attention to your case.
Types of Motor Vehicle Accident Cases We Handle
Our firm provides legal representation to injured victims in all types of motor vehicle accidents. We can assist you in a claim for compensation. Damages you may be entitled to claim include medical expenses, lost wages, lost earning potential, physical and mental pain and suffering, and other losses.
Accident cases we handle include:
- Car accidents: NHTSA reports that 21,132 people in passenger vehicles were killed and 2,046,000 were injured in traffic accidents in a recent year.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycle riders lack the protection of an enclosed vehicle. In a single recent year, 88,000 motorcyclists were injured and 4,668 were killed in traffic collisions.
- Truck accidents: Collisions with large commercial trucks can have devastating consequences for passenger vehicle occupants. Of the 3,964 fatalities from large truck collisions in a recent year, only 691 were occupants of the large trucks.
- Bicycle accidents: Motor vehicle drivers sometimes fail to see bicyclists, fail to yield the right-of-way, and cause accidents. According to NHTSA, in a recent year, 48,000 bicyclists were injured and 743 were killed in traffic accidents in the U.S.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrians are completely vulnerable to injury in collisions with motor vehicles. Recently, the NHTSA reported that, on average, every day in the U.S., 181 pedestrians were injured and 13 were killed in traffic crashes.
Accident Injuries from Motor Vehicle Crashes in Georgia
All types of injuries are possible in motor vehicle accidents. They can be minor, serious, catastrophic, or even fatal. We have experience with a range of injuries, including:
- Soft tissue injuries: Damage to the muscles, ligaments, and tendons is the most common injury suffered in vehicle accidents. Whiplash is a type of soft-tissue injury which is named for the whip-like motion of the head and neck that occurs in rear-end collisions.
- Lacerations and abrasions: Loose items in the vehicle can fly around in a collision and hit the body, causing cuts and other damage. Cuts and scrapes can also happen when air bags deploy, or from broken glass in the vehicle.
- Head and brain injuries: Impact with a side window, steering wheel, or other object in the vehicle can cause serious head and brain injuries. The unnatural motion of the head and the body from the force of a collision and sudden stop of the vehicle can also jostle the brain inside the skull and cause injury.
- Chest injuries: As drivers are confined behind the steering wheel, the chest can collide with the steering wheel in a crash. Even when there is no impact with the dash or the steering wheel, the force of the body being thrown forward in a collision can cause injury to the chest area from the shoulder harness or seat belt.
- Arm and leg injuries: Knees can be injured when they hit the dashboard or the seat in front in a crash. Arms and legs can be thrown hard against the door in a T-bone collision. Arms and legs can be sprained, bruised, or fractured.
How Hasner Law Can Help You
Allow our accident injury lawyers to be your dedicated advocates in a motor vehicle accident case. We will thoroughly investigate your accident to establish who was at fault. We will also gather and preserve evidence, determine the full extent of your injuries, and carefully construct a claim for compensation.
We can skillfully negotiate with insurance companies for a fair auto accident settlement on your behalf. However, we are not afraid to go to trial if it is in your best interests. Our team has the skills, resources, and experience you need for dealing with insurance companies.
When you work with our firm in a motor vehicle accident matter, there is no fee until we recover compensation for you. Contact us today for a free case consultation. You can have confidence that our Georgia injury lawyers will represent you with honesty, integrity and commitment to your case.