Atlanta Daycare Injury Lawyer
Millions of children are in daycare centers in the United States each day. Parents trust the daycare facilities to provide safe, compassionate child care for their children while they work. They expect the facility to be staffed with qualified childcare professionals who the daycare owner has thoroughly vetted.
Unfortunately, many daycare facilities provide inadequate care. In addition, their facilities may be dangerous, and staff members may be unqualified or abusive.
If you believe that your daycare is responsible for your child’s injury, contact the Atlanta daycare injury lawyers of Hasner Law, P.C. Our Atlanta daycare injury lawyers have over 80 years of combined experience representing families in injury cases. Let us help you hold the parties who caused your child’s pain and suffering accountable for their wrongdoing.
Call our law firm at 678-888-4878 or use our contact form online to schedule a free consultation with an Atlanta daycare injury attorney. Our lawyers in Atlanta, GA, are standing by to discuss your case.
How Our Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyers Help Parents and Children After a Daycare Accident
Our Atlanta child injury lawyers at Hasner Law, PC, fight to obtain justice when your child suffers an injury at daycare. We represent families in wrongful death, daycare abuse, and daycare negligence claims.
When you hire our legal team, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the injury claim to determine the factors that contributed to your child’s injuries
- Identify the parties liable for your child’s damages
- File insurance claims, complaints with government agencies, and lawsuits
- Work with medical experts to document the extent of your child’s injuries and future complications
- Document damages and calculate the value of the injury claim
- Negotiate a fair settlement with the at-fault parties
- File a lawsuit on behalf of your child if the parties refuse to negotiate in good faith
We understand that you and your child have experienced a traumatic event. Our legal team provides compassionate support and guidance as you seek to protect your child’s legal rights.
Contact our law office to schedule your free consultation with an experienced Atlanta daycare injury lawyer. Learn about the steps you need to take to protect your child’s best interests after a daycare injury or accident in Atlanta, Georgia.
Common Causes of Daycare Injuries and Accidents
Children are likely to have accidents and injuries while they play, especially outside on playgrounds. Unfortunately, young children are not always aware of the dangers of some of their actions. However, there are instances of daycare negligence that directly lead to a child’s injury.
Common reasons for daycare injury claims include:
- Sexual abuse
- Failure to supervise children
- Physical abuse
- Playground injuries
- Defective equipment
- Safety code violations
- Dangerous or inappropriate equipment
- Physical discipline
- Psychological or emotional abuse
- Failure to conduct adequate background checks on staff members
- Burn accidents
There are many reasons why a child may be injured at a daycare facility. Our legal team interviews witnesses, analyzes reports, and searches until we have the facts explaining why your child sustained an injury at daycare.
Common Injuries Sustained by Children at Daycare Facilities
Bruises and scrapes may be the result of regular play. However, severe injuries are generally the result of negligence or wrongdoing.
Injuries that could indicate daycare negligence include, but are not limited to:
- Broken bones
- Brain injuries
- Lost or damaged teeth
- Neck and back injuries
- Deep lacerations, especially ones that require stitches
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Drowning or near-drowning
- Suffocation or choking
Regardless of the severity of your child’s injury, it is wise to take pictures of the injuries and seek immediate medical treatment. Documenting the injuries is the first step in seeking compensation for your child’s personal injury claim.
Who Can I Sue for a Daycare Injury in Atlanta, GA?
Multiple parties may be at fault for your child’s injuries. The parties responsible for your child’s injuries may include:
- The owner of the daycare facility
- Daycare caregivers
- Other staff members, such as office staff
- Visitors and volunteers
- Bus drivers
Our legal team will identify each party or parties who contributed to the cause of your child’s injury. Most daycare injury lawsuits are based on negligence claims.
You have the burden of proof in a negligence claim. You must prove the daycare breached its duty of care and the breach of care was the proximate and direct cause of your child’s injury. If you can meet all the requirements of a negligence claim, your child should be entitled to compensation for damages.
Damages Your Child May Receive for a Daycare Injury Claim
Children have the same rights as adults to receive compensation for damages and injuries.
A child’s injury could result in permanent cognitive, physical, and emotional impairments. Therefore, it is vital to seek advice from medical experts to determine if your child may suffer future damages from the accident. If so, your child may also receive compensation for future medical care, personal care, decreased earning potential, and pain & suffering.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Atlanta Daycare Injury Lawyers
If you suspect your child’s injury was due to the negligence of your daycare, contact our office today to speak with a lawyer. The steps you take now could impact the outcome of your child’s injury case. Call now for your free consultation case review with an Atlanta daycare injury attorney.
Our personal injury law firm in Atlanta, GA also handles:
- Bus Accident Attorneys in Atlanta, GA
- Construction Accident Attorney in Atlanta, GA
- Cruise Ship Injury Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
- Daycare Injury Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Atlanta, GA
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
- Permanent Disability Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyer in Atlanta, GA
- Slip and Fall Lawyer in Atlanta, GA
- Taxi Accident Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
- Train Accident Attorneys in Atlanta, GA
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Atlanta, GA
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Atlanta, GA
- Assault Injury Attorneys in Atlanta, GA
- Aviation Accident Attorney in Atlanta, GA
- Bed Bug Injury Attorney in Atlanta, GA
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
- Birth Injury Accident Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
- Boating Accident Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Atlanta, GA