Atlanta Anesthesia Error Lawyer
Did you recently suffer an injury because an anesthesiologist in an Atlanta hospital or medical facility made a costly mistake?
If so, you may be able to claim the compensation required to cover your healthcare expenses by filing a malpractice lawsuit. To do so, however, you will need the help of a knowledgeable Atlanta anesthesia error lawyer from Hasner Law, PC.
How Hasner Law, PC, Can Assist with Your Anesthesia Error Case
When the people of Atlanta need a lawyer to help them fight for damages after sustaining an injury at the hands of a negligent medical professional, they know they can rely on Hasner Law, PC. Our team has the experience and skills required to take on even the most complex cases.
Should you hire our Atlanta personal injury lawyers to aid you with your anesthesia error lawsuit, we will:
- Investigate the cause of the anesthesiologist’s mistake
- Take care of your medical negligence lawsuit’s paperwork load
- Answer any questions you might have about the civil justice system
- Help you understand the legal options that are available to you
- Speak with the other party’s legal team on your behalf
- Review the details of your case and assess your damages
- Research and devise an effective legal strategy for your case
- Search for evidence that may convince a jury to rule in your favor
- Offer you sound legal advice during every stage of your case
- Negotiate a settlement with the opposing insurance company
- Represent your best interests in court, if required
Do you want to have a skilled anesthesia error attorney from Hasner Law, PC, assist you with your pursuit of compensation? Then please reach out to us today to set up an initial consultation at our law office in Atlanta, GA. We have many years of experience in the legal field and are ready to fight for you.
Common Types of Anesthesia Errors in Atlanta, GA
Training to become an anesthesiologist is not a quick or easy process. An individual who wishes to pursue this career path must usually go through many years of medical school before they can obtain a license to practice their craft.
Despite all of this training, anesthesiologists regularly make costly errors that cause their patients to suffer severe, life-altering injuries during and after their surgical procedures.
A few of the most common mistakes made by licensed anesthesiologists in the City of Atlanta include:
- Administering too much anesthesia to their patients
- Administering too little anesthesia to their patients
- Failing to respond to anesthesia complications
- Keeping their patients’ sedated for too long
- Failing to closely monitor their patients’ vital signs
- Delaying the administration of the anesthesia without reason
- Failing to take potentially hazardous drug interactions into account
- Not providing their patients with any post-procedure instructions
- Failing to intubate their patients correctly
- Using defective medical equipment
- Failing to ask about their patients’ allergies
Did you suffer a life-altering injury because of an anesthesiologist’s failure to monitor your vital signs? If so, please do not hesitate to reach out to an experienced medical malpractice lawyer from Hasner Law, PC. Our skilled legal team knows how to win cases like yours and is ready to do battle on your behalf.
Who is Liable for Anesthesia Injuries in the State of Georgia?
When anesthesia injuries occur, courts in Georgia can hold a wide variety of parties liable for the patient’s damages, including:
- The anesthesiologist
- The hospital or medical facility
- The drug manufacturer, or
- The equipment manufacturer
Would you like to have a knowledgeable medical malpractice lawyer from Hasner Law, PC, analyze your case and help you identify the liable party? Then please give us a call or message us online today to schedule a free initial consultation at our law office in Atlanta, GA. Our team has the skills and experience required to handle your case – no matter how complex it may be.
Proving Liability in Atlanta Anesthesia Error Cases
Recovering compensation for injuries caused by anesthesia errors is not a simple or straightforward process. Before judges, juries, or insurers award plaintiffs any money, they must show that the other party is liable for their damages. Doing so typically means proving the following four points:
- The other party owed them a duty of care
- The other party’s negligence breached that duty of care
- The other party’s breach of duty caused them to suffer an injury
- Their injury is as severe or life-altering as they claim
In most instances, the best way for a plaintiff to prove these points is to present the court with a mountain of relevant evidence, such as:
- Medical records
- Correspondence with the hospital, and
- Testimony from independent medical professionals
If you recently suffered an injury because of a negligent anesthesiologist and need help proving your case in court, please get in touch with Hasner Law, PC, as soon as you can. Our team of skilled and experienced lawyers would be happy to help you search for the evidence you require. We have been working on these types of cases for years, so you can feel confident that we know where to look to find relevant materials.
Common Injuries Sustained By the Victims of Atlanta Anesthesia Errors
When surgical procedures run smoothly, patients can begin their pathway to recovery just as soon as they wake up. When someone makes an error while administering anesthesia, however, people can suffer some severe, life-altering injuries, such as:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Blood clots
- Internal organ damage
- Heart attacks
Treating these injuries is not a cheap undertaking – even for patients with excellent health insurance. In fact, it is not at all unusual for the victims of anesthesia errors to accumulate tens of thousands of dollars in unwanted and unexpected medical bills.
Did an anesthesia error in an Atlanta hospital cause you to sustain one or more of these life-changing injuries? Then please pick up your phone and reach out to an experienced medical malpractice lawyer from Hasner Law, PC, today. We have been working on cases like yours for many years, and we know what it takes to secure favorable verdicts for our clients.
Deadline for Filing Atlanta Anesthesia Error Lawsuits in Georgia
The statute of limitations for the large majority of medical malpractice cases in the Peach State is two years. This rule means that Atlantans who suffer injuries at the hands of negligent anesthesiologists must usually file suit before the second anniversary of their surgical procedure.
The state of Georgia makes a notable exception to this regulation for kids who sustain injuries during a medical procedure before their fifth birthday. Their two-year statutory window does not begin to close on the day their surgery occurred. Instead, their clock starts on the day they turn five.
If you or one of your kids sustained an injury as a result of a surgical error and need some help filing a medical malpractice claim before your statute of limitations expires, please contact Hasner Law, PC, as soon as you can. Our Atlanta personal injury attorneys would be more than happy to assist you.
Damages Available to the Victims of Atlanta Anesthesia Errors
When calculating the amount of compensation that victims of anesthesia errors and other forms of medical negligence ought to receive, insurance companies, judges, and juries consider a wide range of factors, such as:
- The cost to address the victim’s immediate medical needs
- The fees associated with the victim’s ongoing healthcare needs
- The amount of work the victim missed because of their injury
- The impact the victim’s injury will have on their future career
- The mental anguish the victim endured because of their injury
- The effect the victim’s injury will have on their overall quality of life
- The cap on non-economic damages in Georgia malpractice cases
When our experienced Atlanta medical malpractice lawyers represent the injured victims of anesthesia errors, we demand compensation for their:
- Initial medical expenses
- Ongoing care costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
When the improper administration of anesthesia results in the death of an Atlanta resident, our legal team helps their family sue the at-fault party. In doing so, we usually pursue damages for their:
- Loss of inheritance
- Loss of consortium, and
- Burial or cremation costs
Would you like to have a skilled Atlanta medical malpractice attorney from Hasner Law, PC, help you file suit against a negligent anesthesiologist? If so, please reach out to us as soon as possible to begin your legal process. We have been handling cases like yours for many years, and we are ready to go to battle for you.
An Atlanta Anesthesia Error Lawyer You Can Count On
Over the years, the experienced lawyers at Hasner Law, PC, have helped a plethora of Atlanta residents file lawsuits after sustaining injuries during surgical procedures. We would love to do the same for you. To begin your legal journey, all you have to do is pick up the phone and give our Atlanta anesthesia error lawyers a call at your earliest convenience.