Are you an Atlanta resident whose physician failed to diagnose them with a life-threatening illness? If so, you may be able to file suit to recover the compensation you need to pay for your medical bills and other expenses. To do so, however, you will need the help of a seasoned Atlanta failure to diagnose condition lawyer from Hasner Law, PC.
Our team is standing by to assist you 24/7, so give us a call today to get started with your claim. Our first consultation is free, so call now and let us build the strongest possible case for you.
How Hasner Law, PC, Can Assist You with Your Medical Malpractice Case
At Hasner Law, PC, we have a proud history of standing up for the people of Atlanta in their hour of need. Over the years, our skilled legal team has handled countless medical malpractice lawsuits on behalf of local clients – securing many favorable settlements and verdicts along the way.
If you hire an Atlanta personal injury lawyer from our firm to help you with your failure to diagnose case, we will:
- Conduct an investigation into the cause of your misdiagnosis
- Fill out and file all necessary legal documents on your behalf
- Search for relevant evidence that may help to prove your case
- Answer any questions you might have about your lawsuit
- Review the details of your case and assess your damages
- Identify the doctor who should have diagnosed your illness
- Speak with relevant medical experts about your misdiagnosis
- Help you understand your possible legal options
- Speak to the defendant’s lawyer and insurer on your behalf
- Provide you with an overview of the Georgia civil justice system
- Offer you astute legal advice and guidance throughout your case
- Research and devise a customized legal strategy for your case
- Negotiate a settlement with the other party’s insurer
- Represent your best interests in court, if necessary
Would you like to have a knowledgeable medical malpractice lawyer from Hasner Law, PC, help you file a lawsuit against your negligent or careless physician? If so, please pick up the phone and give us a call to arrange a free consultation at our law offices in Atlanta, GA. Our legal team has the experience and skill necessary to handle your case with the respect that it deserves.
Common Reasons Why Atlanta Doctors Fail to Diagnose Diseases
It is, unfortunately, not at all uncommon for physicians and other medical professionals to misdiagnose or fail to diagnose their patients’ illnesses in a timely manner. In fact, failure to diagnose is the number one reason patients file malpractice lawsuits.
Some of the main reasons why doctors commit errors of this nature in Georgia hospitals include:
- Failing to order necessary diagnostic tests
- Misreading or misinterpreting the results of diagnostic tests
- Failing to conduct necessary physical assessments
- Failing to take a detailed patient history
- Failing to listen to their patient’s complaints
- Failing to refer patients to specialists
Whether your doctor failed to order necessary tests or take an adequate medical history, you can rely on Hasner Law, PC, to help you fight for the compensation you deserve. Having spent many years in the industry, we know what it takes to win cases like yours, and we are ready to stand up for you. Reach out to us today to begin your legal journey.
Which Illnesses Do Atlanta Doctors Most Frequently Fail to Diagnose?
Becoming a licensed physician in the United States is not an easy thing to do. Anyone who wishes to pursue this career path must go through years of schooling and on-the-job training.
Nevertheless, doctors are not perfect. They regularly make mistakes that cause them to misdiagnose or fail to diagnose their patients’ diseases.
A short sampling of some of the diseases that physicians in Atlanta often fail to diagnose would include:
- Lyme disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Multiple sclerosis
- Breast cancer
- Skin cancer
- Lung cancer
- Testicular cancer
- Colon cancer
- Heart attacks
- Pregnancy issues
The failure to diagnose these severe illnesses in a timely manner can be devastating. In some cases, it may force patients to endure unnecessary pain or discomfort. In others, it can cause them to lose their lives.
Did your physician fail to diagnose you with lung cancer or a heart attack? Then please do not hesitate to reach out to the skilled personal injury and medical malpractice attorneys at Hasner Law, PC, in Atlanta. We might be able to use our knowledge of Georgia law to help you recover damages.
Elements of Medical Malpractice Claims in the State of Georgia
It is not always easy for a victim of medical malpractice in Atlanta to claim the compensation they deserve. Before they can recover any money, they must prove that:
- A Doctor-Patient Relationship Existed: Plaintiffs must prove that the other party was their doctor – and owed them a high standard of care.
- The Doctor Acted Negligently: Patients must show that the doctor made an error or mistake of some kind.
- The Doctor’s Error Caused Them Harm: Plaintiffs must show that their doctor’s mistake caused them to suffer physical or financial harm.
Typically, the best way to prove these elements is by presenting evidence to the court. A short sampling of some of the most persuasive evidentiary materials in medical malpractice cases would include:
- Appointment letters
- Test results, and
- Testimony from medical experts
As part of the legal process, plaintiffs must also prove that their damages are as extensive as they claim. To do so, they must usually provide copies of their medical bills and pay stubs, as well as estimates for their ongoing health care needs.
At Hasner Law, PC, we have been helping Atlanta residents find the proof they require to sue negligent doctors for years. If your physician failed to diagnose you with cancer or another illness in a timely manner, we would be happy to do the same for you. Contact our law firm today to arrange a free consultation with a member of our team and begin your legal journey.
Deadline for Filing Medical Malpractice Lawsuits in the State of Georgia
There is a two-year statute of limitations on most medical malpractice claims in the Peach State. However, it is not always easy to tell when that two-year timer starts.
In most cases, the statutory window begins to close on the day a medical professional makes a mistake. When an Atlanta doctor fails to diagnose an illness or disease, it is not always possible to tell when they made an error or oversight. As such, the statute of limitations cannot start on that date.
Because of this confusion, the two-year window for filing a lawsuit after a diagnostic error often begins on the day the patient learns that the doctor made a mistake. In some instances, this day might come months or years later.
Would you like to have a skilled medical malpractice attorney from Hasner Law, PC, review the details of your case and let you know when your filing window closes? Then please give us a call and arrange a free consultation at our law offices in Fulton County, GA. We would be happy to provide you with the information you require.
Compensation Available to the Victims of Missed Diagnoses in Atlanta
When calculating the amount of compensation that Atlantans ought to get at the end of their failure to diagnose claim, insurers and courts look at an array of factors, including:
- The additional cost to treat the victim’s illness or disease
- The fees associated with the victim’s rehabilitative care
- The amount of time the victim missed from their job
- The impact the victim’s illness or disease has on their career
- The mental anguish the victim endured because of their ailment
- The effect the victim’s sickness will have on their quality of life
When our knowledgeable personal injury attorneys represent Atlantans in their failure to diagnose cases, we typically pursue damages for their:
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation costs
- Lost income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
When a physician’s failure to diagnose a patient causes them to lose their life, our team can help their family members file a wrongful death lawsuit. In doing so, we generally demand compensation for their:
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of inheritance
- Loss of consortium
Do you want to have a skilled lawyer from Hasner Law, PC, help you battle for the compensation you need and deserve for your missed diagnosis? If so, please give us a call or contact us online today to arrange a free initial consultation at our Atlanta law offices. We have years of experience in the legal field, and we are ready to fight tirelessly for you.
An Atlanta Failure to Diagnose Condition Lawyer You Can Count On
When local residents need an Atlanta failure to diagnose condition lawyer to help them pursue damages after their doctor’s mistake, they know they can count on Hasner Law, PC. Our attorneys have been handling these types of cases for many years – securing a myriad of favorable outcomes for our clients in the process. Reach out to us today if you would like to have us go to battle on your behalf.