You could be entitled to compensation if you’ve suffered injuries in a taxi accident in Atlanta, Georgia. Hasner Law can help you fight to maximize your financial recovery. Give our Atlanta taxi accident lawyers a call to arrange a free initial case assessment and learn more. We’ll gladly review your case, provide a brief overview of your legal options, and answer any questions that you might have.
Why Should I Call a Personal Injury Lawyer After a Taxi Accident?
When you’re involved in a car accident that involves a taxi cab, you could have the right to recover a substantial monetary award. However, don’t expect the cab driver, cab company, or insurance companies to write you a check on the spot. They’ll do anything they can to get out of paying you the money you need and deserve. That might even involve using manipulative tactics and attempting to use the stress and confusion surrounding your injuries against you.
You can level the playing field and give yourself the best opportunity to secure a substantial monetary award by hiring an experienced Atlanta personal injury attorney to handle your case. That’s important, because:
- The last thing insurance companies want you to do is hire a lawyer because they know they’ll have to give your claim the attention it deserves.
- Determining causation, fault, and liability can be tricky. Your lawyer can conduct a thorough investigation to ensure that all bases are covered.
- You might not know what your taxi accident case is worth. Insurance companies will work hard to deny or limit your payout. Your attorney can make sure that all of your damages are identified and valued properly.
- It’s possible that you’ll be blamed for the accident or, if you were a passenger, the extent of your injuries. Your lawyer can help to minimize the effectiveness of these tactics.
- You always want to have the threat of taking your case to court in your back pocket. Having a skilled trial lawyer on your side can force at-fault parties to negotiate seriously.
At Hasner Law, our taxi accident lawyers have more than 80 years of combined experience advocating for injury victims like you. We care deeply about our clients and work tirelessly on their behalves. While money can’t fix everything, we know that it can make a huge difference in the weeks, months, and years to come. So, we’ll exhaust every resource and invest as much time as it takes to help you get the financial settlement or award you deserve.
Give our Atlanta law office a call today to arrange a free initial case assessment with our team to learn more.
What Causes Taxi Cab Accidents in Atlanta?
There are roughly 1,550 taxi cabs in Atlanta and 2,500 taxi drivers. Every year, taxis give residents, workers, and tourists in Atlanta between 1.65 million and 1.77 million rides. Taxis are still incredibly common, despite the fact that rideshare services like Uber and Lyft have become so popular.
While hailing a cab and catching a ride might make it easier to get around Atlanta, it’s not always the safest option. Cab drivers are notorious for aggressive driving habits, and they not on the roads alone. Rather, they drive the same highways, streets, and interstates as everyone else. In a congested city like Atlanta, accidents are bound to happen.
Some of the most commonly reported causes of taxicab accidents in Atlanta include:
- Cab drivers speeding or driving faster than is appropriate for the conditions
- Drivers attempting to beat a red or yellow light at an intersection
- Drivers picking up or dropping off passengers in a way that impedes traffic or creates a hazard
- Drivers operating under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Drivers distracted by a cell phone, GPS device, or passenger
- Overly fatigued taxi drivers
- Negligently maintained vehicles
- Defective vehicles or equipment
- Hazardous road conditions
- Inclement weather, and more.
One or more of these factors could easily contribute to a collision between a taxi cab accident and another vehicle or a single-vehicle crash. Hasner Law will carefully investigate the circumstances surrounding your cab accident and identify all possible causes. The information we uncover will serve as the foundation of your claim, moving forward.
Can I Sue a Taxi Cab Company For My Injuries?
It depends. Many taxi drivers in Atlanta are classified as independent contractors, not employees. This means that cab companies aren’t vicariously liable for harm caused by their drivers. So, you might not be able to sue the cab company for your injuries if you were injured because a cab driver was negligent.
However, taxi companies might be held responsible for your injuries if they:
- Negligently hired or failed to properly train and monitor its drivers, or
- Failed to inspect, maintain, and keep its fleet of vehicles in a reasonably safe condition.
So, there are times when you might be able to hold a cab company responsible for your injuries following an accident in Atlanta. It’s best to consult with an attorney who has experience with these complicated matters.
Who Is Responsible For My Injuries Following a Taxi Accident in Atlanta?
In Georgia, anyone who contributes to an accident can potentially be on the hook for any injuries or damages that occur.
Following your taxi cab accident in Atlanta, you could potentially have a legitimate claim against:
- A taxicab driver
- The taxicab company
- A mechanic who negligently maintained or repaired a taxi vehicle
- A company that manufactured or sold a defective taxi cab vehicle
- Drivers of other vehicles on the road, including cars, trucks, buses, and motorcycles
- Bicyclists and pedestrians
- Employers of negligent third parties, or
- Government agencies, including transit companies like MARTA, the city of Atlanta, or Fulton County.
Once our attorneys are able to establish why your auto accident happened, we can use that information to determine who is likely responsible. Then we can seek compensation from each and every one of them.
Common Taxi Accident Injuries
It doesn’t matter if you’re in the back seat of a cab, in another vehicle, or riding your bike down the street. Any collision involving a taxi cab in Atlanta can cause significant injuries. At Hasner Law, our personal injury lawyers know that any injury, whether it’s minor, moderate, or severe, can turn your life upside down. That’s why we proudly represent all taxi cab accident victims in Atlanta.
Don’t hesitate to call us for help if, because you were in a cab accident, have sustained:
- Broken bones
- Chest injuries
- Head injuries, including concussion
- Back and neck injuries, including whiplash
- Strains or sprains
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord damage
- Eye injuries
- Amputation, or
- Wrongful death.
Can’t make it into our law office to discuss your case? Our team can arrange a time to come to you at home, at work, or at the hospital.
Damages Available to Taxi Accident Victims in Atlanta, GA
Following a taxi cab accident in Atlanta, you could be entitled to significant financial compensation. This might include money to compensate for both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are paid to make up for the financial costs and losses related to your injuries. This might include money for medical bills, lost wages, disability, and property damage. When you receive economic damages, you should be put back in the financial position you were in before you got hurt.
Non-economic damages are paid to make up for injuries and harm that are not easily calculated in terms of dollars and cents. Rather, these injuries are intangible and very personal. Examples include pain and suffering, emotional distress, and disfigurement. These types of injuries can vary widely from one case to another.
Insurance companies will try to downplay the extent and severity of your injuries and suffering. Our Atlanta car accident lawyers will work hard to make sure that you’re fully compensated. How? We’ll bring in experts to help us back our claim with solid evidence and proof of your suffering. Our demands will not only focus on how your injury affects you today, but how it will likely affect you in the future.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Atlanta Taxi Accident Attorneys
You will only have a limited amount of time to demand compensation after a taxi accident in Atlanta. Generally speaking, Georgia law requires you to file a personal injury lawsuit within two years of the date you get hurt. You will lose the ability to get any money at all if you allow the statute of limitations to expire before acting.
Let Hasner Law help you preserve your right and fight to get the money you deserve. Our Atlanta law firm offers a free consultation, so reach out to us online or call to schedule one today.