A Brief Summary of the Following Article
- What is personal injury? If someone else has neglected their duty to care for your safety and caused you harm, you may have a personal injury claim.
- Proving fault: To prove liability, your personal injury claim must contain evidence to demonstrate the at-fault party owed you a duty of care, breached their duty, and directly caused the accident and your injuries.
- Potentially recoverable damages: Depending on the severity of your injuries and other details of your claim, you may recover economic and non-economic damages, including lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering.
- How a Hasner Law attorney can help: Hasner Law prioritizes client recovery while managing all aspects of the legal process, including detailed investigations, evidence analysis, and negotiating with insurance companies.
When you drive on Atlanta roads, go shopping, and visit someone else’s property, you trust those around you to uphold their duty of care and keep your safety in mind. Unfortunately, many people fail to do this, causing serious accidents and injuries. If you have been hurt in an accident caused by another party’s negligence, you have the right to file a personal injury claim and seek benefits for your losses. With the help of the experienced Downtown Atlanta personal injury attorneys at Hasner Law, you have the best chance of achieving a successful outcome.
With over 100 years of combined experience and an extensive knowledge of state laws, you can trust Hasner Law with your personal injury claim. We understand the difficulties of sustaining your injuries through no fault of your own, so we work hard to get the justice you deserve. Our compassionate personal injury lawyers handle every aspect of your claim, allowing you to focus on recovery. We fight aggressively for a fair settlement and are prepared to take your claim to court if necessary. When working with our dedicated team, you can rest assured you are in the right hands.
Proving Fault in a Downtown Atlanta Personal Injury Claim
As the victim of another party’s negligence, you must fulfill the burden of proof. This means your claim must present evidence to demonstrate the following elements:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care
- They breached this duty by acting negligently
- This negligence directly caused the accident and your injuries
- Your injuries resulted in damages
While the liable party may seem clear in your situation, it can be challenging to prove their negligence. Our skilled personal injury attorneys can help you gather evidence, like medical records, police reports, witness testimony, and traffic camera footage, to build a strong claim and hold the at-fault party accountable. Whether your claim has one or multiple negligent parties, we can take on your claim and fight tirelessly for your rights.
What Damages May Be Available After a Personal Injury Accident in Georgia?
The evidence used to prove fault in your Georgia personal injury claim may also convey the damages you suffered due to the liable party’s negligence. We understand the physical, emotional, and financial impact your injuries can have on your life, so we fiercely advocate for a fair settlement for these losses, which may include the following costs:
- Past, present, and future medical bills
- Lost wages from missed work
- Ambulance ride
- Property damage
- Prescribed medications
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Assistive medical devices
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life
It’s important to know Georgia is a modified comparative negligence state. This means each party involved receives a percentage of fault for the accident, which gets deducted from their respective damages. However, anyone over 49% at fault cannot collect any damages. For instance, if you are 10% at fault for the accident, you will receive 90% of your benefits.
While this system allows you to recover damages if you are partially responsible for an accident, insurance adjusters may attempt to assign you an unfair percentage and undermine your claim. Our knowledgeable Downtown Atlanta personal injury lawyers understand these tactics and work hard to accurately calculate your claim’s worth to achieve a fair settlement.
How Can a Hasner Law Attorney Help With Your Downtown Atlanta Personal Injury Claim?
The aftermath of a personal injury accident can be overwhelming. Instead of stressing over the legal process, your recovery should be your top priority. With the help of the seasoned Hasner Law personal injury attorneys, you can receive the top-notch support and guidance you need while making a smooth, stress-free recovery. We manage every aspect of your claim with careful attention to detail, including the following:
- Conducting a detailed investigation
- Identifying a liable party
- Collecting and analyzing evidence
- Interviewing witnesses
- Answering your legal questions
- Utilizing resources like accident reconstructionists to strengthen your claim
- Accurately calculating your claim’s value
- Filing your claim properly
- Negotiating with insurance adjusters on your behalf
- Taking your claim to court if necessary
When filing a personal injury claim, it’s crucial to act quickly to meet the statute of limitations, which vary based on the type of personal injury claim you file and damages you suffer. We work efficiently to file your claim within the allotted time frame and help you take full advantage of your opportunity to fight for your rights and receive benefits.
Schedule a Free Consultation With the Experienced Downtown Atlanta Personal Injury Attorneys at Hasner Law Today
Dealing with insurance adjusters after a personal injury accident can be daunting, and you may worry about settling for a lowball offer. Our Hasner Law team understands these fears and takes the stress of the legal process off your plate. With over 100 years of collective experience working on the most complex personal injury claims, you can rely on us to aggressively advocate for your rights every step of the way.
Our Hasner Law personal injury attorneys work with you from the beginning, creating a customized legal plan based on your unique needs and circumstances. To learn more about your personal injury claim and share your story with one of our compassionate attorneys, call us at (678) 928-8784 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation.