A Brief Summary of the Following Article
- Who can file: To receive workers’ compensation benefits, your employer must have three or more regular employees, you must be an employee, and your injury or illness must have arisen out of and in the course of your employment.
- Employee rights: Atlanta employees are covered by workers’ compensation from their first day, and they do not have to prove negligence in their claim.
- Available benefits: Eligible workers’ compensation claims can cover a range of benefits, including medical expenses, lost wages, and rehabilitation costs.
- Why Hasner Law: Hasner Law provides end-to-end support for workers’ compensation claims, including claim process management, investigation, legal guidance, and tackling insurance and legal hurdles, all within Georgia’s one-year statute of limitations for filing claims.
Getting into an accident at work can be overwhelming, and you may be unsure where to start in filing a workers’ compensation claim. Instead of stressing about the complex claim process, you can contact an experienced Downtown Atlanta workers’ compensation attorney who will handle every step of your claim while you focus on recovery. At Hasner Law, we strive to make your legal experience as stress-free as possible by guiding you every step of the way and providing the knowledge you need to make confident and informed decisions for your future.
With over 100 years of combined experience, our workers’ compensation lawyers have the skill and knowledge to take on your claim and give you the best chance of achieving a successful outcome. We understand the difficulties you may face after a workplace accident, so our compassionate team always puts your best interests first. With this dedication and our unmatched legal services, you can have the peace of mind that you are in the hands of a team that will fight for you.
When Can You File a Workers’ Compensation Claim in Atlanta?
After sustaining a workplace injury, it can be challenging to know if you are eligible to file a claim. Fortunately, our knowledgeable workers’ compensation attorneys understand the criteria for pursuing a claim, which include the following:
- Your injury occurred out of and in the course of your employment. In other words, if you suffer an injury or illness while performing your job duties during work hours, you generally qualify for workers’ compensation coverage. This may include a slip-and-fall, exposure to toxic chemicals, and injuries while traveling for work.
- You are an employee who receives an hourly wage or yearly salary, gets taxes taken out of your paycheck, and your employer controls the time and manner of your work. This often includes part-time and seasonal employees and temporary workers.
- Your employer has three or more employees. Under Georgia law, these employers must carry workers’ compensation insurance.
It’s important to know workers’ compensation benefits cover employees from day one, so if you get injured on your first day at a job, you may still recover damages. Additionally, Georgia uses a no-fault system for workers’ compensation, so you do not have to prove the liable party’s negligence to recover benefits.
What Types of Workers’ Compensation Benefits May You Receive?
Workplace injuries can impact many aspects of your life, and we understand you may worry about missing work and paying your medical bills. If you are eligible to file a workers’ compensation claim, you may receive the following benefits:
- Past, present, and future medical bills
- Physical therapy
- Loss of sight or hearing
- Lost wages from missed work
Because every workers’ compensation claim is different, your benefits are calculated based on your unique situation. Our seasoned Downtown Atlanta workers’ compensation lawyers understand these complexities and how to calculate your claim’s worth accurately. Additionally, your employer’s insurance company may attempt to undermine your claim, giving you a lowball offer. We work hard to fight for your rights and secure the fair benefits you deserve.
How a Hasner Law Attorney Can Help With Your Georgia Workers’ Compensation Claim
If you have sustained an injury at work or because of your job, your recovery should be your first priority. With the help of the dedicated workers’ compensation attorneys at Hasner Law, you can take the time you need to heal while we handle every aspect of your workers’ compensation claim, including the following:
- Streamlining the claim process
- Conducting a detailed investigation
- Helping you understand your rights
- Identifying the potential for third-party claims
- Appealing your claim if it gets denied
- Speaking with insurance companies on your behalf
- Using our extensive knowledge to answer your questions
- Taking on the insurance company’s legal team
When filing a workers’ compensation claim, it’s essential to act quickly due to Georgia’s one-year statute of limitations. Our efficient and effective Downtown Atlanta workers’ compensation lawyers can help you take advantage of your opportunity to receive benefits and meet this timeframe so you can make a smooth, hassle-free recovery.
Contact the Trustworthy Downtown Atlanta Workers’ Compensation Attorneys at Hasner Law Today
Suffering a workplace injury can be daunting, but with the supportive Hasner Law by your side, you’re not alone. Our highly experienced workers’ compensation attorneys understand the intricacies of workers’ compensation claims in Georgia. We’re dedicated to guiding you through the process and aggressively advocating for your rights so you can focus on what’s most important: your recovery.
At Hasner Law, our tenacious workers’ compensation lawyers are committed to fighting for the fair compensation you deserve, including medical expenses and lost wages. We stand ready to tackle any challenges, including dealing with insurance companies and appealing your claim if it gets denied. To learn more about your eligibility to file for workers’ compensation benefits and what to expect during the process, call us at (678) 928-8784 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation today.