Atlanta Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Lawyer
When your job requires repetitive stress on your hands and wrists, you may start to feel slight numbness and tingling in your hand. While you brush it off at first, your pain increases, and as time goes on, performing your job responsibilities becomes almost unbearable. Carpal tunnel syndrome affects millions of people annually from performing their jobs, and most do not realize their legal options when pursuing medical treatment.
There is a myth that only catastrophic injuries qualify for workers’ compensation. However, this is not the truth, and one of the many injuries individuals may file a claim for includes carpal tunnel syndrome. Our Hasner Law team understands how debilitating and frustrating carpal tunnel syndrome is and will ensure you receive the compensation necessary to recover from your injury fully.
What Is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
The median nerve runs from your armpit down into your arm and relays crucial information from your brain to control your hand, wrist, and forearm. When the median nerve is pinched or strained, you may not be able to manage your movements properly and experience the following symptoms:
- Tingling or numbness
- Wrist pain
- Muscles spasms
- Difficulty picking up items
Carpal tunnel syndrome results from various actions, but most workplace conditions are due to the repetitive stress on the nerve. When your workplace requires consistent actions which cause carpal tunnel syndrome, you have the ability to file a workers’ compensation claim for your medical expenses and other damages.
How to File a Workers’ Compensation Claim for Carpal Tunnel
Under Georgia Law, employers who regularly employ three or more individuals must provide workers’ compensation benefits in the event of a workplace injury. However, freelancers and contractors do not fall under the category of those covered. Workers’ compensation benefits are generally reserved for full-time, part-time, and seasonal employees.
If you are a qualifying employee and develop carpal tunnel syndrome due to your work responsibilities, you may be eligible for financial compensation from your employer. Filing a workers’ compensation claim requires proper documentation, legal knowledge, and familiarity with potential avoidant strategies employers and insurance agencies use. You will want to partner with an experienced Atlanta carpal tunnel syndrome attorney to protect yourself from lowball offers and inadequate compensation.
How Hasner Law Can Help with Your Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Claim
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a painful and often debilitating condition resulting from various occupational activities. At Hasner Law, our experienced Atlanta, GA carpal tunnel lawyers understand the complexities of carpal tunnel syndrome claims and are here to assist you in the following ways:
- Legal Expertise: Our attorneys have extensive personal injury and workers’ compensation experience that we will use to help strengthen your case and ensure you get the best possible outcome.
- Medical Documentation: Proper documentation is crucial in these types of claims. Our team will work closely with medical professionals to ensure your condition is accurately diagnosed and obtain all necessary medical records.
- Gathering Evidence: We will investigate the circumstances that led to your carpal tunnel syndrome, collecting evidence demonstrating how your work conditions contributed to the development of this condition.
- Negotiating with Employers and Insurance Companies: Hasner Law will handle all communication with your employer and their insurance provider. We will work diligently to ensure that your claim is properly filed and you receive the compensation you are entitled to.
- Pursuing All Applicable Benefits: We will assess the full scope of your damages to ensure you seek and receive the benefits necessary for your recovery.
- Litigation if Necessary: Hasner Law’s Atlanta carpal tunnel syndrome attorneys are prepared to represent you in court, presenting your case effectively and navigating the legal procedures with expertise.
At Hasner Law, we’re committed to helping you navigate the complexities of your carpal tunnel syndrome claim. Your well-being is our priority, and we’re here to be your dedicated advocate throughout the process.
Schedule a Consultation With a Hasner Law Atlanta Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Lawyer Today
While we hope employers and insurance companies provide the compensation you deserve, taking precautions to protect yourself and your claim is vital to your recovery. Hasner Law understands how important it is to receive total compensation for work-related injuries. Our team has over eight decades of combined experience advocating on behalf of Georgia employees and will fiercely fight for your rights. We know the strategies employers and insurance companies use to deny claims and will do everything in our power to recover what you deserve.
By guiding you through the legal and medical process and developing customized plans tailored to your unique needs, our Hasner Law team will provide the best possible outcome for your claim. Trust our team with your workers’ compensation claim and schedule a free consultation with a Hasner Law Atlanta, GA carpal tunnel lawyer today by calling (678) 928-8784 or filling out our contact form.