The Georgia workers’ compensation attorneys at Hasner Law understand that education is the foundation to a successful career, but this may not be financially feasible for students and their families. For this reason, Hasner Law is proud to announce its $1,000 Scholarship Essay Contest.
The 2018 Essay Topic
To participate in the contest, applicants are required to write a 600-word essay answering the following questions:
What is “distracted driving”? What are the consequences of distracted driving, and what are some solutions to decrease the amount of accidents caused by distracted driving in the future? Your essay should address the following:
- Explain what distracted driving is. (E.g. Is it limited to texting or talking on the phone, or is it more than that?)
- Describe how you have personally experienced distracted driving. (Do you text or talk on a cell phone while driving or do your friends and family members? What do you do if you are with someone who is driving while distracted?)
- What suggestions would you make to encourage others to avoid distracted driving?
- Please cite of any studies, statistics, or news stories that support your points.
- Applicants must be planning to enroll or currently enrolled in an accredited United States college or University during the 2018-2019 academic year.
- All incoming and existing undergraduate, graduate, and law students (1L, 2L, 3L) are eligible to participate.
How to Apply
To apply, please send the essay as an attachment in an email to email@example.com by October 15, 2018, 9 AM EST. In the body of the email, please include the following information:
- Your name, address, and phone number
- If you are under 18, contact information for your parents (name, phone number, & email)
- The name of the school you are attending or planning on attending
- Your current course of study
- The best way to contact you
Once the application period has ended, our scholarship committee will review the essays and choose a winner by November 15, 2018. The winner will be chosen considering the following factors:
- Responsiveness to the question asked
- Quality of the writing
- Substantive content of the response
The check will be issued directly to the financial aid office of the student’s school of choice.
We are happy to announce our 2017 winner, Kevin Johnson! You can read his essay here.
Hasner Law for More Information
Hasner Law focuses on workers’ compensation and motor vehicle accidents. To contact our law firm, please fill out and submit the contact form available here, or call our office today for a free consultation at 678-888-4878.