Atlanta Firefighter Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Firefighters dedicate their lives to protecting their communities. Often, they are exposed to various occupational hazards, resulting in injuries which impact their ability to work or resume normal life. In the event of an accident, firefighters may be entitled to seek workers’ compensation benefits. However, navigating the complex process alone can be daunting. Working with an experienced lawyer can provide invaluable assistance in pursuing the benefits you deserve.
At Hasner Law, we have over 80 years of combined experience leading the fight for workers’ rights. We have helped countless clients pursue every benefit they deserve. Speak with one of our top-rated attorneys for an assessment of your claim if you were injured on the job.
How a Firefighter Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Can Help Your Claim
If you are injured while performing the duties of your job, you may believe that obtaining medical and income benefits is as easy as reporting the accident to your employer. They may even advise you not to speak with a lawyer. However, this is not in your best interest as the system is designed to benefit employers and insurance companies. Simple mistakes can cost you the full extent of the benefits you deserve.
Working with experienced Atlanta firefighter workers’ compensation attorneys can increase your chances of success when they handle the following so you can focus on recovery:
- Investigate your accident
- Monitor your claim and mitigate challenges
- Retain industry experts
- Handle all communications, including negotiations
- Advocate for you before the State Board of Workers’ Compensation if your claim is denied
- File a lawsuit against a third party, if necessary
At Hasner Law, we are well-versed in Georgia workers’ compensation laws. We know what steps to take to not only secure benefits but to recover the full extent of what you are owed under the law.
Recoverable Damages in a Successful Firefighter Workers’ Compensation Claim
In a successful workers’ compensation claim, the specific recoverable damages can vary depending on the severity of your injuries, whether you are able to return to work in the same capacity, how long your recovery will take, and other factors. However, there are generally several types of benefits you may recover, including the following:
- Medical expenses: Workers’ compensation typically covers the cost of necessary medical treatment related to your firefighter accident. This includes doctor’s visits, hospitalization, surgery, medication, rehabilitation, and other healthcare expenses.
- Wage replacement: If a worker is unable to return to work due to injuries, workers’ compensation may provide wage replacement benefits, up to $800 weekly for temporary total disability (TTD).
- Temporary disability benefits: If you have some work restrictions after returning to work but earn less than you were before the injury, you may be entitled to temporary partial disability benefits, up to $533 weekly.
- Permanent disability benefits: The insurance company can pay these benefits weekly or in one lump sum.
- Vocational rehabilitation: In some cases, workers’ compensation may cover the cost of vocational rehabilitation services, such as job retraining or assistance in finding alternative employment if the worker is unable to return to firefighting.
- Death benefits: If a firefighter dies as a result of a work-related injury, workers’ compensation may provide death benefits to dependents. These benefits include funeral expenses and ongoing financial support.
We are an experienced and compassionate legal team you can trust when bills are piling up after a firefighting accident. At Hasner Law, we take action quickly to make sure you don’t miss important deadlines which could compromise your ability to obtain benefits.
If a third party was responsible for your firefighting injuries, you may pursue a third-party lawsuit for the damages you suffered.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for a Workers’ Compensation Claim in Atlanta?
In Atlanta, the statute of limitations for filing a workers’ compensation claim is generally one year from the date of the firefighting accident. It is essential to note the time limit may vary depending on the circumstances, so you should consult an experienced workers’ compensation attorney for the most accurate assessment of your claim.
Contact the Top Rated Firefighter Workers’ Compensation Lawyers at Hasner Law
When firefighters sustain work-related injuries, their physical and emotional well-being can be affected significantly. However, with the guidance of the knowledgeable and dedicated lawyers at Hasner Law, you can seek the benefits you deserve. We will fiercely advocate for your rights, ensuring you receive the necessary compensation for medical treatment, wage replacement, and other support to help your recovery process.
When your livelihood is at stake, don’t risk the compensation you deserve. Let Hasner Law help increase your chances of a favorable outcome. Schedule a free consultation today by calling (678) 928-8784 or filling out a contact form.