Atlanta Gas Explosion Accident Lawyer
Gas explosions can unleash devastation in the blink of an eye, leaving behind a trail of destruction, injuries, and heartache. If you or someone you love suffered the effects of a gas explosion accident in Atlanta, having a trusted legal ally by your side can make a world of difference.
At Hasner Law, our personal injury attorneys can provide the unwavering support, legal expertise, and compassionate guidance you need to reclaim your life and seek justice after a gas explosion accident. Our legal team understands the profound impact that a gas explosion can have on your physical, emotional, and financial well-being. The sudden loss of property, livelihood, and sometimes even loved ones can leave you overwhelmed and uncertain about your future. In these moments of turmoil, having a dedicated and experienced legal advocate can make all the difference.
Types of Damages Available to Gas Explosion Accident Victims in Atlanta
In a gas explosion accident case, victims may be eligible to seek various types of damages to compensate for their losses. The available damages can be categorized into two main types:
These damages cover the tangible, quantifiable losses that a victim incurs as a result of the gas explosion accident. Economic damages can include:
- Medical expenses: Compensation for past, present, and future medical bills related to injuries sustained in the explosion. This includes hospitalization, surgeries, medication, rehabilitation, and any necessary medical treatments.
- Property damage: Reimbursement for damage to personal property, such as homes, vehicles, belongings, and other structures affected by the explosion.
- Lost income: Compensation for lost wages or income if the victim cannot work due to injuries or property damage caused by the explosion.
- Loss of earning capacity: If the victim’s injuries result in a reduced ability to earn a living or pursue their former occupation, they may be entitled to compensation for the loss of future earning capacity.
Economic damages are calculated based on earnings and expenses in the past and projected future.
These damages cover the intangible, non-monetary losses which are challenging to quantify but significantly impact the victim’s quality of life. Non-economic damages can include:
- Pain and suffering: Compensation for physical pain, emotional distress, and mental anguish endured by the victim due to the gas explosion accident.
- Loss of consortium: Damages awarded to the spouse or family members of the injured party for the loss of companionship, affection, and support resulting from the injuries sustained in the explosion.
- Emotional distress: Compensation for the psychological impact and trauma experienced by the victim and their family members due to the accident.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: If the gas explosion accident causes a permanent disability or impacts the victim’s ability to participate in activities they once enjoyed, they may be entitled to compensation for the loss of enjoyment of life.
- Punitive damages: In some cases, if the responsible party’s actions were especially egregious or showed a willful disregard for the safety of others, punitive damages may be awarded. These damages aim to punish the liable party and deter similar behavior in the future.
The specific amount of damages a victim may receive depends on the severity of their injuries, the extent of property damage, and other circumstances. An experienced gas explosion accident lawyer can assess the losses suffered by the victim, accurately calculate the damages, and pursue fair compensation on their behalf.
Who Could Be Held Liable for an Atlanta Gas Explosion Accident?
In the case of a gas explosion accident, liability can extend to various parties depending on the specific circumstances surrounding the incident. Identifying all liable parties is crucial to ensuring that victims receive proper compensation for their losses. Potential parties that could be held liable in a gas explosion accident may include:
Gas Utility Companies
Gas utility companies are responsible for supplying natural gas to homes and businesses. They have a duty to maintain their gas lines, pipes, and equipment in a safe and proper condition. Failure to do so, resulting in a gas leak and subsequent explosion, may lead to their liability.
Contractors and Construction Companies
If the gas explosion occurred due to construction or excavation work, the contractors and construction companies involved in the project may be held responsible if their negligence or improper procedures led to the explosion.
Property owners have a duty to maintain their premises in a safe condition. If the gas explosion occurred on someone’s property due to the property owner’s negligence, such as failing to address gas leaks or faulty gas lines, they may be liable.
Manufacturers and Suppliers
In some cases, gas explosions can be attributed to defective gas appliances or equipment. If a faulty product caused the explosion, the manufacturer or supplier of the equipment could be held liable.
In certain situations, government entities responsible for overseeing gas safety regulations and inspections could be held liable if their negligence or failure to enforce regulations contributed to the accident.
Other Negligent Parties
Depending on the specific circumstances, other parties involved in the design, construction, maintenance, or inspection of the gas system may be held liable if their negligence contributed to the explosion.
Determining liability in a gas explosion accident requires a thorough investigation by experienced professionals. At Hasner Law, our Atlanta gas explosion accident lawyers work with experts, investigators, and other specialists to identify all responsible parties and build a strong case on behalf of the victims.
Pursue Justice After an Atlanta Gas Explosion With a Hasner Law Attorney
At Hasner Law, our compassionate team of Atlanta gas explosion accident attorneys is here to provide the legal support you need during this challenging time. We understand the complexities of gas explosion cases and are ready to fight tirelessly on your behalf. With our proven track record of success and unwavering dedication to our clients, you can trust us to be your advocates, guiding you through the legal process and helping you rebuild your life.
Schedule a free consultation today to begin discussing your legal options after a gas explosion accident by calling (678) 928-8784. You may also reach out to us via our convenient contact form. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and offer guidance in both English and Spanish.