Home Depot Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Atlanta
Home Depot employs hundreds of thousands of workers throughout Georgia, including 60 stores in the Atlanta area. Home Depot is not just a retailer of appliances, tools, and garden materials. It is a warehouse that supplies construction materials and home improvement items for homeowners and contractors.
As such, Home Depot employees face many risks working in a warehouse setting. These risks can create conditions that cause serious injuries and worker fatalities. If you or a loved one works at a Home Depot in Atlanta, GA, it could help to understand more about workers’ compensation claims for Home Depot employees.
Contact our Atlanta Home Depot workers’ compensation lawyers at (678) 888-4878 for a free consultation. In Hasner Law, PC, We have extensive experience handling these types of workers’ compensation claims.
How Our Atlanta Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Help You With a Home Depot Workers’ Comp Claim
Our legal team has over 80 years of combined legal experience handling injury cases. We understand worker’s comp laws and how workers’ compensation insurance companies treat injured workers. Our lawyers stand with injured workers to demand fair compensation and workers’ comp benefits for on-the-job injuries and accidents.
Our lawyers also explore other causes of action that could result in additional compensation for injured workers, including third-party claims. The goal is to get you as much money as possible for your Home Depot workers’ comp claim.
When you hire Hasner Law, PC, in Atlanta, Georgia, to handle your claim, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the cause of your work injury
- Gather evidence establishing a workers’ compensation claim and/or a third-party claim
- Identify all parties that could be liable for your injury
- Work with medical specialists and other expert witnesses to determine the extent of your work injuries
- Verify workers’ compensation insurance coverage and file a claim
- Monitor your workers’ compensation claim to ensure you receive the workers’ comp benefits you are entitled to receive
- Negotiate a settlement for permanent impairments and disabilities
- Appeal denials of coverage and other denials of your workers’ comp claim
The Georgia workers’ compensation system should be straightforward, especially since it is a no-fault system. Unfortunately, insurance companies often make cases more complicated than necessary by trying to undervalue and deny valid claims.
Call our law firm for a free consultation with an experienced Atlanta workers’ compensation lawyer to discuss your injury while working at Home Depot.
Common Causes of Home Depot Worker’s Compensation Claims
The employees in a Home Depot store have many responsibilities. They are often required to lift heavy items, cut materials, climb shelves, and use various tools and heavy equipment. Being in a warehouse setting can put an employee at risk of injury, even if the employee mainly works at a cash register.
Examples of common injuries at a home improvement warehouse include:
- Falling from ladders and scaffolding
- Slipping and tripping on floors and surfaces
- Cutting hands, arms, and legs while working and preparing materials for sale
- Falling while restocking items
- Injuries to shoulders, backs, arms, and legs from lifting, pulling, and pushing heavy objects
- Being hit, crushed, or caught in between heavy equipment, including trucks and forklifts
- Injuries sustained while making deliveries or driving for Home Depot
- Being hit by falling materials or items from above
- Electrocution and electrical injuries
- Being exposed to dangerous chemicals
Most on-the-job injuries are covered by workers’ compensation insurance in Georgia. However, Home Depot could challenge the accident or injury, which makes recovering workers’ comp benefits and compensation more difficult.
Workers’ Compensation Benefits for a Home Depot Workers’ Comp Claim
After a workplace injury or accident, an injured worker may be entitled to one or more benefits under the workers’ compensation system.
Typically, injured employees are entitled to paid medical benefits for their injuries. However, you must be treated by a doctor that your employer pre-authorizes. In addition, you could receive vocational and medical rehabilitation services as part of your treatment.
If you cannot work after a workplace injury, you can also receive lost time benefits. Temporary total disability (TTD) benefits are paid when you cannot perform any work during your recovery. Wage benefits equal about two-thirds of your average weekly wages before the injury.
Injured workers who sustain permanent disabilities from work accidents might be entitled to permanent disability benefits. The benefits vary depending on the severity and type of disability. Families may recover death benefits if a work-related injury at Home Depot causes their loved one to die.
What Should I Do if I Am Injured While Working at Home Depot?
Employees who sustain injuries working at Home Deport should:
- Notify a supervisor or manager immediately
- Seek emergency medical attention for injuries
- See a doctor that is on the approved physician’s list from your employer
- File a claim with the State Board of Workers’ Compensation
- Continuing treatment with your physician and following the physician’s treatment plan
Contact our law firm to discuss your workers’ comp case as soon as possible. Our legal team answers your questions and provides guidance on what to expect during your workers’ comp case. In addition, we can help you file your claim, respond to requests for independent medical examinations, appeal decisions, and question payments of workers’ comp benefits.
You have the right to legal counsel during a workers’ compensation case. Home Depot and its insurance company have teams of lawyers and professionals working to protect them. You deserve someone watching out for your best interests and fighting for your rights after a work injury.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Atlanta Home Depot Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
You deserve to be compensated for a work-related injury or illness. Our Atlanta workers’ comp attorneys at Hasner Law, PC, are here to help. Call now for your free consultation to learn more about how we can help you if you have been hurt at work.