Savannah Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Have you been injured in a pedestrian accident in Savannah, Georgia? If so, you may be entitled to a substantial monetary award. Getting money can be a challenge, so it can be essential to hire an experienced Savannah pedestrian accident lawyer to lead your case.
With Hasner Law, PC, you will benefit from over 80 years of combined experience and a passionate team that’s won millions for injured pedestrians like you.
Contact our award-winning trial attorneys at (678) 888-4878 to discover why we’re the law firm you’ll want in your corner for this fight. We offer a free case evaluation and are always available to take your call – 24/7/365.
How Hasner Law, PC Can Help If You’re Injured As a Pedestrian in Savannah, GA
As a pedestrian, you are vulnerable to severe and catastrophic injuries when you are struck by a car. You’ll need time to rest, recover, and get back on your feet. But you’ll also have a limited amount of time to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit for damages.
Hiring a Savannah personal injury lawyer not only gives you the chance to get better, but also puts you in the position you need to be in to win your case.
Insurance companies will fight you every step of the way. Negligent motorists won’t want to accept responsibility for the harm they’ve caused. Our top-rated litigators will fight to hold them accountable and maximize your financial recovery.
We will handle every aspect of your personal injury claim; we’ll:
- Investigate your accident to determine how it could’ve been avoided and who is at fault
- Gather critical pieces of evidence, ranging from witness reports to medical records to photographs and more
- Enlist the help of respected accident experts and specialists to provide insight as we build and value your claim for damages
- Counter victim-blaming tactics launched by the defense that could hurt your ability to recover the money you deserve
- Negotiate with other parties on your behalf to secure the best possible terms in a settlement
- Prepare your case as if it’s going to trial if other parties refuse to negotiate fairly
We know that a pedestrian accident can be costly in a lot of ways. Medical bills can add up quickly, and a sudden loss of income can make things worse. Our law firm works on a contingency fee basis for this reason. You only pay us if we win your case – end of story.
There’s no risk involved in getting our help. Reach out to our law office in Savannah, GA to arrange a time to speak with our compassionate personal injury attorneys about your case today.
What’s My Savannah Pedestrian Accident Case Worth?
There’s no set settlement or standard value for a pedestrian accident case. Instead, every situation is incredibly unique. Every victim is different, and so are the circumstances of every accident.
Several factors will influence how much money you may be able to get if you are injured as a pedestrian in Savannah.
- What types of injuries have you suffered?
- Can your injuries be classified as catastrophic?
- Do your doctors think you will make a full physical recovery?
- Do you need help performing daily tasks like eating, bathing, or driving?
- Are you able to continue working, or has your earning capacity been impaired in any way?
- Did you take the necessary steps to mitigate your injuries?
- How have you been affected psychologically by the trauma of being hit by a car?
- Do you share any responsibility or fault for your pedestrian accident?
The more your life changes because of your pedestrian accident, the more your claim for damages will tend to be worth.
Keep in mind that this is a general rule. The best way to know what your personal injury claim might be worth is by speaking with an experienced pedestrian accident attorney near you in Savannah, GA. Call our law office to schedule a free consultation and discuss the specifics of your case today.
What Damages Can I Recover If I’m Hit By a Car While Walking in Savannah?
As with all types of car accident cases, injured pedestrians can typically recover economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are awarded to make up for the monetary costs and expenses related to an accident and resulting trauma.
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost wages and income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Nursing care
- Home alterations or modifications necessary to accommodate a disability
- Property damage
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
Not all consequences of a pedestrian accident will have a set financial value. Some trauma will be incredibly personal and subjective.
This is where non-economic damages come into play.
Often known as pain and suffering damages, this can include money for:
- Chronic physical pain
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Depression and anxiety
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
If there is significant evidence to establish that a defendant acted intentionally or with gross negligence, punitive damages may also be applicable.
What Causes Most Pedestrian Accidents?
The vast majority of accidents involving pedestrians can be avoided. They are often a result of human error or negligence.
Some common examples of factors that contribute to pedestrian accidents in Savannah, Georgia include:
- Distractions, including texting while driving or using a cell phone while walking
- Drugs and alcohol
- Driver fatigue
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Failure to look for pedestrians in a crosswalk or at an intersection
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Unsafe sidewalks or inadequate pedestrian infrastructure
- Ignoring traffic laws and safety signals
- Vehicle malfunction
- Road rage
- Road construction
Bad weather conditions, limited visibility, and vehicle defects can also lead to collisions with pedestrians in Georgia.
Savannah Pedestrian Accidents Can Cause Severe Injuries
No matter what types of injuries you’ve suffered, Hasner Law, PC will be there to help you fight back.
We represent pedestrian accident victims who have sustained:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Nerve damage
- Burn injury
- Crushing injury
- Soft tissue damage
- Internal organ damage
- Partial or complete amputation
- Other catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one after a fatal pedestrian accident
Seek medical treatment as soon as you can after you are hit by a car in Savannah, Georgia. Once you receive care, reach out to our compassionate legal team to discuss your legal options.
Can I Recover Compensation If I’m Getting Blamed For My Georgia Pedestrian Accident?
You can recover compensation if you are not primarily responsible for your accident. Georgia has adopted a modified comparative negligence system with a 50% bar to recovery. Damages are reduced in direct proportion to your share of the blame – up to 49%. Once your liability equals or exceeds half, you forfeit the right to recover damages in a third-party claim.
Say you’re assigned 30% fault for your pedestrian accident. Your damages would be reduced by 30%. Now imagine you are assigned 60% fault for a pedestrian accident. A financial recovery would be prohibited because you are more than 49% at fault.
You need to be prepared for insurance companies and negligent motorists trying to blame you for your pedestrian accident. After all, the more fault you share, the less money they’ll have to pay for your injuries and suffering.
Hasner Law, PC will be there to step up and defend you every step of the way. In fact, we’ll be ready with evidence and facts to downplay your role – or disprove the allegations altogether. Our goal is to help you recover maximum compensation.
Is There a Time Limit For Filing a Pedestrian Accident Lawsuit in Georgia?
There is a two-year statute of limitations that applies to most pedestrian accident lawsuits in the state of Georgia.
This means you will have two years from the date of your pedestrian accident or a loved one’s wrongful death to file a civil claim.
There are some situations when a different time frame might apply. However, these are the exception, not the rule. If you allow the statute of limitations to expire before you take action, you will lose the opportunity to assert your rights, demand accountability, and get the money you deserve.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Savannah Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Are you struggling with catastrophic injuries, or have you lost a family member because of an avoidable pedestrian accident in Savannah, Georgia? Contact Hasner Law, PC. Our award-winning Savannah pedestrian accident attorneys are ready to help you stand up and fight for compensation from those responsible.
Collectively, our team has over 80 years of experience and has won millions in tough cases like yours. We are ready to take on insurance companies and at-fault parties on your behalf. To get started, all you have to do is give our law office in Savannah a call. Your first case evaluation is 100% free.