Atlanta Defective Medical Device Lawyer
Medical technology is continually advancing, providing hope and healing for countless individuals. However, the unfortunate reality is that not every medical device lives up to its promise, and when a medical device is defective, the effects can be detrimental.
If you or a loved one have experienced the devastating consequences of a defective medical device in Atlanta or the surrounding area, a Hasner Law Atlanta defective medical device lawyer may be able to help. We understand the pain and frustration you may be facing, and our compassionate advocates believe in seeking justice for those who have suffered at the hands of negligence and corporate greed.
Types of Defective Medical Device Cases We Handle
At Hasner Law, our experienced Atlanta defective medical device attorneys are well-equipped to handle a wide range of defective medical device cases. We understand the complexities involved in these types of lawsuits and are committed to pursuing justice for those who have suffered due to the negligence of medical device manufacturers and other responsible parties. Some of the defective medical device cases we handle include, but are not limited to:
- Faulty implants: This category includes cases involving hip implants, knee replacements, breast implants, and other medical devices that may fail prematurely, cause infections, or lead to other severe complications.
- Harmful pharmaceuticals: We represent clients who have suffered adverse effects and injuries due to dangerous medications or pharmaceutical products with inadequate warnings about potential side effects.
- IVC filters: Cases involving defective inferior vena cava (IVC) filters, which are used to prevent blood clots but can lead to organ damage or other serious health issues when they malfunction.
- Transvaginal mesh: Our attorneys handle legal actions for injuries caused by faulty transvaginal mesh implants used for pelvic organ prolapse and stress urinary incontinence, which can result in severe pain and complications.
- Defective surgical instruments: If you have experienced harm due to faulty surgical instruments used during medical procedures, we can pursue compensation for your injuries.
- Pacemaker and defibrillator malfunctions: Cases involving pacemakers or defibrillators that fail to function correctly result in life-threatening consequences for the patients who rely on these devices.
- Joint replacement complications: We handle cases where joint replacement devices, such as artificial hips and knees, cause complications or require revision surgeries due to defects or failures.
- Faulty diagnostic devices: If a medical device designed for diagnosis, such as imaging machines or diagnostic tests, causes harm due to defects or inaccuracies, we can help you seek justice.
- Prosthetic device failures: Our team advocates for individuals who have suffered injuries or complications from defective prosthetic devices, such as artificial limbs.
No matter the type of defective medical device you or your loved one has suffered injuries from, our team is here to provide legal guidance, support, and tenacious representation throughout the entire process. We strive to hold the responsible parties accountable and seek the compensation you deserve for the physical, emotional, and financial hardships you have endured.
Types of Damages Available to Defective Medical Device Victims
If you have been a victim of a defective medical device, you may be entitled to various types of damages, which are intended to compensate you for the losses and suffering you have experienced due to the faulty device. The types of damages available to defective medical device victims may include:
- Medical expenses: This covers the costs of medical treatments, surgeries, hospital stays, medication, physical therapy, rehabilitation, and any other medical services necessary to treat the injuries caused by the defective device.
- Lost wages: If your injuries from the defective medical device have resulted in you missing work, you may be eligible to claim compensation for the wages you have lost during your recovery period.
- Future earnings: If your injuries have caused permanent disabilities which will affect your ability to earn a living in the future, you may be entitled to compensation for the income you would have earned had the injury not occurred.
- Pain and suffering: These damages compensate you for the physical pain, emotional distress, and mental anguish you have endured due to the defective medical device.
- Loss of consortium: If your injuries have significantly impacted your relationship with your spouse or partner, you may be eligible to claim damages for the loss of companionship, affection, and support.
- Disability and impairment: Compensation may be available for any long-term disabilities or impairments caused by the defective medical device, which can affect your quality of life and ability to perform daily activities.
- Scarring and disfigurement: If the defective device caused visible scarring or disfigurement, you may be entitled to compensation for the emotional distress and loss of self-esteem resulting from these physical changes.
- Punitive damages: In some cases, punitive damages may be awarded in addition to compensatory damages. Punitive damages are meant to punish the responsible party for their egregious conduct and deter others from engaging in similar misconduct.
- Wrongful death damages: If a loved one has died as a result of a defective medical device, their surviving family members may be eligible to seek compensation for funeral and burial expenses, loss of financial support, loss of companionship, and more.
It is necessary to consult with an experienced Atlanta defective medical device lawyer to fully understand the types of damages available in your specific case. They can help assess the extent of your injuries and losses and fight for your rights to secure the compensation you deserve.
Seek Legal Counsel After Suffering Injuries From a Defective Medical Device
At Hasner Law, we bring together the three essential cornerstones of effective legal practice: experience, knowledge, and unwavering commitment to our clients. With over 100 years of combined experience, our Atlanta defective medical device attorneys possess an in-depth understanding of the complexities involved in all types of personal injury claims. When you choose us as your legal representation, you can rest assured that your well-being is our top priority.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with our experienced Atlanta defective medical device lawyers. Call (678) 928-8784 or fill out our convenient contact form for more information. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and offer our services in both English and Spanish.