Atlanta Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer
You might be entitled to compensation if you have recently been involved in a motor vehicle accident with a commercial vehicle in Atlanta, Georgia. A financial recovery can make a huge difference in your life for years to come. The experienced legal team at Hasner Law. PC can help you fight to recover all of the money you need and deserve.
We know that this is a difficult time for you. That’s why we want to make things as easy as we can. Give our Atlanta law office a call at 678-888-4878 to arrange a time to sit down with our accomplished team. Your first consultation is 100 percent free, so reach out to us to schedule your today.
Why Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer After a Commercial Vehicle Accident in Atlanta?
Commercial vehicles tend to be much larger than other cars on the road. So, when a commercial vehicle is involved in a collision, it can do quite a bit of damage. Drivers of these vehicles can certainly get hurt. However, it tends to be other commuters – especially those on foot or inside of smaller vehicles – that suffer the worst injuries.
Many times, commercial vehicle accident injury victims can recover compensation to help with the cost of medical bills, make up for lost wages, and cover other damages. However, these cases can be particularly challenging.
Why? There might be several parties involved – the commercial driver, the driver’s employer, insurance companies, and anyone who had played a role in the crash. None of these parties will accept responsibility. All of them will probably point fingers. So, while you could be entitled to compensation, getting money in your hands might be tough if you try to handle a claim on your own.
That’s where an experienced attorney can be of assistance. At Hasner Law, our attorneys have, collectively, more than 80 years of experience handling injury cases like yours. We understand what’s at stake and what it takes to make an injury claim successful.
Thanks to our dedication, resources, and dynamic strategies, we’ve helped our clients recover life-changing financial settlements and awards.
We’ll work day and night to help you in your time of need, too. When you enlist our help, you can expect us to:
- Investigate your commercial vehicle accident thoroughly
- Interview witnesses, search for prior incidents involving the company and/or driver, and gather evidence that helps to support your claim
- Determine who, other than the commercial driver, might have contributed to your accident
- Seek damages from all responsible parties
- Negotiate with insurance adjusters on your behalf, and
- Bring your case to a jury in Atlanta, if necessary.
You can count on our Atlanta law firm to go above and beyond as we pursue compensation on your behalf. Give us a call today to arrange a free consultation and learn more.
We Handle All Commercial Vehicle Accidents in Atlanta
When you think of a commercial vehicle, a large commercial truck probably comes to mind. And, it’s true that trucks often are commercial vehicles. However, commercial vehicles are not exclusively large trucks. Rather, a commercial vehicle can be defined to include most vehicles that are driven for a business purpose.
More specifically, a commercial vehicle is one that transports goods or people. This can include:
- Charter buses
- Box trucks
- Delivery trucks (e.g., FedEx, UPS)
- Cargo vans, and more.
Our Atlanta law firm handles all commercial vehicle accident cases. It doesn’t matter whether you were a passenger inside of another vehicle, riding a bike, or walking down the road – we’ll be here to help you fight to recover the money you deserve. All you have to do is reach out to our law office to schedule a case assessment today.
Commercial Vehicle Accidents Can Cause Life-Changing, Fatal Injuries
Given the fact that most commercial vehicles are rather large, it’s not uncommon for accidents to be quite catastrophic. Those involved – including the commercial drivers themselves – are vulnerable to a wide range of injuries, including many that result in permanent disability and death. These include:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Head injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Back and neck injuries
- Chest injury
- Crushing injury
- Traumatic amputation
- Spinal cord damage
- Wrongful death, and more.
If someone else is at least partly responsible for your commercial vehicle accident and/or resulting injuries, our attorneys can fight to hold them financially accountable. You can learn more about your legal rights and options by calling our firm to arrange your free consultation.
Leading Causes of Commercial Vehicle Accidents in Atlanta, GA
Most commercial vehicles can’t be operated unless the driver has obtained a special license and/or safety training. This helps to ensure that drivers are fully aware of the law and that these hard-to-navigate vehicles are driven safely. These requirements are in place to keep drivers and everyone else on the road safe.
Unfortunately, these requirements don’t always lead to desired results. Accidents involving commercial vehicles happen quite frequently. Why? Commonly reported causes of car accidents involving commercial vehicles include:
- Commercial drivers speeding or engaging in aggressive behavior behind the wheel
- Drivers distracted by phones, GPS, and other electronic devices
- Fatigued drivers, often as a result of exceeding the number of hours that can be spent behind the wheel at one time
- Parking commercial vehicles in locations that create a hazard for other commuters
- The use of drugs or alcohol while operating a commercial vehicle
- Driving faster than is safe under the conditions
- Unbalanced or uneven loads on vehicles, and
- Vehicle malfunction or defect.
It’s important to make sure that you know exactly why your commercial vehicle accident occurred. Hasner Law will make it a priority to get to the bottom of what happened. With the aid of experts and specialists, we’ll dig deep and identify all possible causes.
With that information in hand, we can determine who might be financially responsible for your injuries and suffering.
Liability for Injuries Resulting From a Commercial Vehicle Accident in Atlanta
Keep in mind that commercial truck drivers aren’t always fully, or even partly, responsible for the accidents involving their vehicles. Sometimes someone else will be entirely to blame.
Other times, multiple parties might have contributed to a crash. In the state of Georgia, you can potentially recover compensation from anyone who played a role in your accident. This might include:
- Commercial vehicle manufacturers
- Employers of negligent commercial drivers
- Trucking companies, for failure to hire, train, and/or supervise their drivers appropriately
- Companies, for failure to inspect and maintain their fleet of commercial vehicles
- Drivers of passenger cars
- Bicyclists or pedestrians, or
- Government agencies.
Hasner Law will pursue damages on your behalf from any and all parties who caused you to get hurt.
Damages Might Be Available If You’ve Been Injured in an Atlanta Commercial Vehicle Accident
Following a commercial vehicle accident in Atlanta, you might be entitled to receive a financial award to compensate for:
- Medical bills and expenses
- Lost wages and income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life, and more.
Don’t let an insurance company trick you into accepting less money than your commercial vehicle accident case is worth. Believe us, they’ll certainly try. Hold them accountable for the full extent of your injuries and suffering. How? By allowing our Atlanta personal injury lawyers to handle your case.
We’ll enlist the assistance of experts throughout the process. When it comes to valuing your claim, we’ll turn to medical doctors, psychologists, and vocational rehabilitative experts for help.
They can explain your injuries in detail and assess how your life might be affected – today and in the future. This can help us build a strong and persuasive claim on your behalf.
You’ll Have a Limited Time to File a Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawsuit
Georgia law will limit the amount of time you will have to file a lawsuit to recover compensation for your commercial vehicle accident injuries. In most cases, you’ll have two years from the date of your accident to file a claim. Note, there are situations when you might have more or less time to act.
So, it is often critical to enlist the help of a commercial vehicle accident lawyer in Atlanta as soon as you can. This can help to limit the chances of missing out on valuable compensation.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Atlanta Commercial Vehicle Accident Attorneys
Have you or a loved one recently been involved in a commercial vehicle accident in Atlanta? Contact Hasner Law for immediate legal assistance.
You could be entitled to compensation, and our Atlanta personal injury lawyers will help you fight to get all of the money you deserve Your first consultation with our team is free, so do not hesitate to give us a call to arrange yours today.
Our personal injury law firm in Atlanta, GA also provides:
- Aviation Accident Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
- Car Accident Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
- Construction Accident Attorneys in Atlanta, GA
- Atlanta, GA Dog Bite Lawyers
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Atlanta, GA
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Atlanta, GA
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Atlanta, GA
- Atlanta, GA Wrongful Death Lawyers