Atlanta Eye Injury Lawyer
Have you recently suffered an eye injury in Atlanta? Did you get hurt because someone else was negligent or careless? If so, you might be able to file a lawsuit against them to recover the compensation you need to pay for your medical costs and other expenses.
To begin your legal fight, all you need to do is contact an experienced Atlanta eye injury lawyer from Hasner Law, PC.
How Our Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyers Can Assist with Your Eye Injury Case
Enlisting the services of a knowledgeable Atlanta personal injury lawyer is one of the best ways to protect your health and your financial future when you suffer an eye injury in a car crash or workplace accident. At Hasner Law, PC, our legal team boasts more than 80 years of collective experience navigating the ins-and-outs of complex personal injury matters.
We’ve represented thousands of clients and helped them recover life-changing compensation – both through sizable settlement awards and jury verdicts at trial.
When you call our law office for help, you can expect us to fight to secure maximum compensation for you, too. We’ll do that by:
- Conducting a thorough investigation into the cause of your eye injury
- Speaking with lawyers and insurance companies on your behalf
- Identifying the person or entity that is liable for your damages
- Providing you with a detailed breakdown of your possible legal options
- Consulting with knowledgeable industry professionals about your case
- Answering your legal questions in an honest and straightforward way
- Putting together a customized legal strategy for your eye injury case
- Negotiating a fair settlement deal with the defendant’s insurer
- Present evidence and argue on your behalf at trial, if necessary
You don’t need to handle your fight for damages for your eye injury alone. The Atlanta workers’ compensation and personal injury lawyers at Hasner Law, PC, are always available to assist. Reach out to us today to schedule a free consultation with a member of our experienced legal team.
Types of Eye Injuries
When people slip and fall or get into auto accidents, they can sustain a wide range of eye injuries – many of which can leave them blind.
Some of the most common eye injuries seen in hospitals and medical clinics in the state of Georgia include:
- Corneal abrasions
- Traumatic iritis
- Eye socket injuries
- Penetrating injuries
- Chemical burns
- Subconjunctival hemorrhages
Individuals who suffer eye injuries of this nature often need to undergo surgery and continue to visit an ophthalmologist for months or years into the future. Because this type of medical treatment can be expensive, it is not at all unusual for patients to rack up tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in healthcare bills as they fight to save their vision.
Over the years, the experienced lawyers at Hasner Law, PC, have helped accident victims in Atlanta pursue compensation for many different types of eye injuries. If you would like to have us do the same for you, all you need to do is reach out to us by phone or email at your earliest convenience. We know how to win cases like yours, and we are ready to fight for you.
Common Causes of Eye Injuries in Atlanta
There are a wide variety of ways Atlanta residents can suffer eye injuries, such as:
- Car Accidents: When Atlanta residents get into car accidents, it is not unusual for them to get glass and other small particles in their eyes – leaving them with severe injuries.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrians who get hit by cars in Georgia often report to the hospital with life-altering eye injuries.
- Slips and Falls: When Georgians slip on wet floors or fall from ladders and hit their eye against a solid or sharp object, they often sustain injuries that require medical intervention.
- Workplace Accidents: Employees in bars, restaurants, warehouses, factories, and grocery stores suffer eye injuries at work on a regular basis in the state of Georgia.
- Chemical Accidents: When Georgians get dangerous chemicals in their eyes, they frequently suffer injuries that could potentially cost them their vision.
- Medical Malpractice: Mistakes on the part of doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals account for a sizable portion of the eye injuries that occur in Atlanta each year.
- Animal Attacks: When Atlanta residents get attacked by dogs and other animals, they frequently sustain injuries to their eyes that require immediate medical attention.
No matter who or what caused your eye injury, you can always rely on the skilled attorneys at Hasner Law, PC, to help you pursue the compensation you need and deserve. We have been doing just that on behalf of Georgia residents for many years.
Get in touch with us today to learn more about our services or schedule a free consultation at our Atlanta law office.
Proving Liability in Atlanta Eye Injury Cases
Recovering compensation for eye injuries in the state of Georgia is rarely a straightforward task. Individuals who want to accomplish this feat have to go to great lengths to prove that:
- The other party owed them a duty of care
- The other party’s negligent or reckless actions breached that duty
- The other party’s breach of duty caused them to suffer eye injuries
- Their eye injuries are as severe or life-altering as they claim
Quite often, the most effective way to prove these points is by presenting the judge and jury with a mountain of relevant evidentiary materials, like:
- Medical records
- Healthcare bills
- Video footage
- Accident scene photos
- Police accident reports
- Witness testimony
When you hire an attorney from Hasner Law, PC, you won’t have to search for these evidentiary materials on your own. We will use our legal skill and experience to assist you. Get in touch with us today to arrange a free case evaluation and begin the evidence-gathering process.
Damages Available in Eye Injury Cases in Atlanta
The amount of financial compensation available to Atlanta residents who sustain eye injuries in animal attacks or motor vehicle accidents depends on a wide variety of factors, including:
- The costs incurred during their trip to the hospital or clinic
- The fees associated with their ongoing healthcare needs
- The expenses attached to their therapies and rehabilitation
- The amount of time they missed at work because of their eye injury
- The impact their eye injury will have on their ability to earn money
- The mental anguish they endured because of their eye injury, and
- The effect their eye injury will have on their overall quality of life
Individuals who suffer eye injuries that cause a total loss of vision usually receive the most substantial compensatory awards.
When the legal team at Hasner Law, PC, represents people who sustained eye injuries in negligent accidents, we typically pursue damages for their:
- Medical expenses
- Ongoing care costs
- Rehabilitation fees
- Property damage
- Lost income
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
When the actions of the at-fault person or entity show willful misconduct, we also seek punitive (or exemplary) damages – which can run as high as $250,000 in the state of Georgia.
Would you like to have an experienced eye injury lawyer from Hasner Law, PC, analyze the details of your case and let you know how much it may be worth?
If so, please contact us today to arrange a free consultation at our law offices in Atlanta. We have been handling personal injury cases of this nature for years, so you can be confident that our estimate is accurate.
Statute of Limitations for Eye Injury Claims in the State of Georgia
The standard statute of limitations for almost all personal injury cases in the state of Georgia is two years. This rule means that Atlanta residents who suffer eye injuries in car crashes or slip and fall accidents must take legal action against the at-fault party before the second anniversary of the incident. Those who fail to do so can forfeit their right to damages.
Individuals who suffer eye injuries on the job should be aware that the length of time they have to file a workers’ compensation claim is shorter than it would be for a personal injury lawsuit. According to Georgia law, injured parties must bring claims of this nature within one year of their accidents.
Are you worried that your statutory window will close before you have a chance to begin fighting for the compensation you deserve? If so, please contact the experienced attorneys at Hasner Law, PC, as soon as you can. We might be able to expedite the preparation of your paperwork and file it with the court before your deadline passes.
Your Knowledgeable Atlanta Eye Injury Lawyer
The legal team at Hasner Law, PC, has been helping Georgia workers and residents fight for the compensation they deserve for years – achieving a plethora of favorable results along the way. So, if you need an Atlanta eye injury lawyer to assist you with your case, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. We are ready, willing, and able to go to battle for you.