Atlanta Truck Driver Error Accident Lawyer
Were you recently injured in an accident in Atlanta, GA, caused by a truck driver’s mistake? Truck accidents are some of the most destructive personal injury cases we handle. And they’re also some of the most hard-fought. Trucking companies and their insurance companies never want to take responsibility for the harm caused.
At Hasner Law, PC, we have over 80 years of experience helping injured victims, so we know how to stand up to tough defendants. And we consistently do so with outstanding results. Through favorable settlements and trial verdicts, we’ve obtained millions of dollars in life-changing financial awards for our clients.
How Hasner Law, PC Can Help After a Crash Caused by Truck Driver Error in Atlanta
Truck crashes are not just some of the most devastating; they’re also some of the most complex accidents to handle. That’s because there are often multiple large companies involved, multiple contributing factors to the accident, and technical aspects of causation. You don’t want to handle a claim on your own, and you don’t want to risk leaving it to a law firm that isn’t up to the task.
Rest assured that our truck accident attorneys in Atlanta will:
- Oversee an investigation to determine the precise cause of your truck accident
- Identify all potentially liable parties and determine each party’s role in the crash
- Engage trucking industry experts, accident reconstructionists, or other professionals who can evaluate the evidence and strengthen your case
- Accompany you to all settlement meetings and handle all communications related to your case
- Negotiate with the insurance companies for a settlement that reflects the full value of your damages
- Zealously represent you in court, if settlement negotiations don’t result in an offer that you feel is satisfactory
Our dedication to getting the maximum possible award for our clients has earned us a “Superb” rating on Avvo, a nationally recognized lawyer rating and review website, and selection for inclusion in the National Trial Lawyers Top 100. We have the resources and experience to sustain drawn-out litigation, and we are familiar with the complex state and federal regulations that govern the trucking industry. Call today to speak with an attorney in our Atlanta, Georgia, office.
What Errors Do Truck Drivers Make That Cause Crashes?
In one study of crashes involving at least one large truck that resulted in a fatality or injury, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) found that 87% of all accidents during the study period were caused by some type of truck driver error. Of those, 38% were caused by a poor decision made by the driver.
The FMCSA categorizes driver errors into four categories:
- Non-Performance: the driver was physically unable to drive the truck
- Recognition: the driver was distracted
- Decision: the driver made a poor choice for the condition
- Performance: the driver’s technical skills caused the accident
Some examples of truck driver errors are:
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Driving while texting
- Falling asleep at the wheel
- Misjudging the speed of other vehicles
- Improper braking techniques
- Use of alcohol or drugs
- Failure to secure cargo
Driving a big rig comes with significant responsibility. They mostly travel on highways and at high speeds. An error can cause catastrophic loss of life.
I Was in an Accident Caused by Truck Driver Error—What Damages Can I Get?
If the driver was at fault for your accident, you could seek compensatory damages such as:
- Medical expenses
- Property damages
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Crutches or wheelchair
- Physical pain
- Post-traumatic stress disorder and other emotional trauma
The damages available will be specific to your case, but we can let you know more with a free consultation.
Who Is Liable in a Truck Driver Error Accident?
It may seem obvious that the driver should be held responsible. But it’s not that simple. If the driver is employed by a trucking company, then the company may be held responsible. If the driver was an independent contractor, however, the liability could be solely assigned to the driver alone.
It just depends on what happened, what parties were involved, and each party’s specific role in the accident. Many accidents have multiple contributing causes. We sort out all the details before we file any claims or make demands so that your case is strong and supported by the evidence.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Atlanta truck Crash Lawyers
We work hard to hold negligent truck drivers and trucking companies responsible when they make mistakes. If you or a loved one was injured in a truck crash, Hasner Law, PC is here for you. Our team has decades of combined legal experience—and a track record of success—standing up to insurance companies that try to get out of paying victims what they deserve.
Call our Atlanta truck driver accident lawyers today for a free consultation.