H-E-B Slip & Fall Accidents in Atlanta
An H-E-B slip and fall accident can cause traumatic injuries. Therefore, you need an Atlanta premises liability lawyer who understands the law and how to pursue an injury claim against the retail outlet.
At Hasner Law, PC, our Atlanta personal injury lawyers have over 80 years of combined legal experience handling slip and fall claims. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients in jury verdicts and negotiated settlements. In addition, local and national organizations have recognized our trial lawyers for their customer service and legal knowledge.
How Our Atlanta Premises Liability Attorneys Can Help You After an H-E-B Slip and Fall Accident
Fighting a large corporation can be daunting. The company has vast resources to dispute accident claims. However, if you hire Hasner Law, PC to handle your case, you’ll even the playing field by putting our vast resources and skills to work for you.
When you hire our award-winning Atlanta personal injury attorneys to handle your case, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the cause of your slip and fall accident to determine who is liable for your injuries
- Gather evidence and work with various experts to build a solid case proving causation and fault
- File insurance claims and handle all settlement negotiations with the insurance company
- Carefully document your damages and work with your medical providers to determine the extent of your injuries
- Calculate the value of your claim and fight to get you that amount
- Prepare and file a lawsuit and take your case to court, if necessary
Our legal team at Hasner Law, PC is here to help you when you need experienced legal advice and aggressive legal representation. We are dedicated to fighting for the rights of injury victims and their families.
Call us today to schedule your free case evaluation with a personal injury attorney in Atlanta, GA.
What Causes H-E-B Slip and Fall Accidents in Atlanta?
Slips, trips, and falls can happen for numerous reasons.
Common causes of slip and fall accidents at H-E-B include:
- Torn, frayed, or damaged carpet, tiles, and other flooring materials
- Slick or wet floors and surfaces
- Cracked sidewalks and walkways
- Debris and clutter in aisles
- Uneven floors and steps
- Broken or missing handrails
- Insufficient lighting
- Damaged steps
You never expect to be injured in a fall at H-E-B. However, if it happens to you, report the injury immediately to the manager or other person in charge. Document the accident scene by taking photographs and videos.
Ask eyewitnesses for their names and contact information. Always seek immediate medical treatment for your injuries. Even if you do not believe you are seriously injured, it is best to be examined by a doctor as soon as possible.
What Types of Injuries Do H-E-B Slip and Fall Accidents Cause?
The injuries from a slip and fall accident can be severe. Common slip and fall injuries include:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Sprained and strained ankles and wrists
- Neck injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Facial injuries
The severity of the injuries can increase the value of a personal injury claim. The cost to treat severe slip and fall injuries and the damages related to the injury can be substantial.
What Damages Can I Receive in an H-E-B Slip and Fall Accident Claim?
You could receive reimbursement for financial losses if you can prove that the company was negligent in causing your slip and fall accident.
Economic damages include:
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Medical bills
- Help with household chores and personal care
- Loss of income
- Rehabilitation and therapy costs
- Nursing care
- Diminished earning capacity
You can also include non-economic damages in the value of an H-E-B slip and fall claim.
These damages represent your pain and suffering and include the following:
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Physical pain
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Emotional distress
- A decrease in quality of life
- Permanent impairments and disabilities
Recovering fair compensation can be challenging. You have the burden of proving you were injured and what damages you sustained from the slip and fall. You also have the burden of proving that the business was responsible for your fall. If you cannot prove causation and fault, you cannot recover money for your damages.
How Long Do I Have To File an H-E-B Slip and Fall Accident Claim in Georgia?
Most slip and fall accidents are a type of premises liability claim. The Georgia statute of limitations for most slip and fall accidents is two years from the injury date. If you do not file your claim before the deadline expires, you lose your legal right to compensation for damages.
There could be exceptions to the statute of limitations in your case. Do not delay in talking with our lawyers about your case.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Premises Liability Attorney in Atlanta To Help You After an H-E-B Slip and Fall Accident
You deserve to be compensated when a retailer fails to provide safe premises for customers. Contact our law office to schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced Atlanta premises liability attorney to discuss your legal options for recovering compensation.