Atlanta Building Collapse Lawyer
Did you sustain an injury after a ceiling or deck collapse on a construction site in Atlanta, GA? If so, you may be eligible to file a workers’ compensation claim or premises liability lawsuit and recover a life-changing financial award. To get started with your case, all you need to do is reach out to a knowledgeable Atlanta building collapse lawyer from Hasner Law PC.
We understand that construction accidents can happen at any hour of the day in Atlanta, which is why we are available 24/7 to take your call. Call us now at (678) 888-4878 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys.
Table of Contents
How Hasner Law PC Can Help with Your Building Collapse Case in Atlanta
At Hasner Law PC we have a long history of standing up for the residents of Atlanta, GA, when they need it most. Over the years, our skilled lawyers have helped countless local clients pursue and secure damages following accidents on construction sites.
When you hire an Atlanta personal injury lawyer from our firm to assist you with your building collapse case, we will:
- Review the specifics of your case and assess your damages
- Provide you with an overview of the Georgia civil justice system
- Offer you astute legal advice and guidance as necessary
- Search for evidence that proves the defendant’s liability
- Identify the person or entity that is liable for your injuries
- Handle your case’s administrative workload
- Discuss the details of your case with relevant experts
- Answer any questions you might have about the legal system
- Research and put together an effective legal strategy for you
- Help you understand your possible legal options
- Thoroughly investigate the cause of your building collapse
- Speak with the defendant’s legal team on your behalf
- Work out a settlement deal with the other party’s insurer
- Represent you in court, if necessary
Do you want to have an experienced construction accident attorney from Hasner Law PC help you battle for the compensation you deserve? Then please do not hesitate to give us a call to set up a free consultation at our law offices in Atlanta. We know how to win cases like yours, and we would be happy to stand up for you.
Common Causes of Building Collapse in Atlanta
Structures in Atlanta do not collapse spontaneously. When these types of accidents occur, there is always a reason behind it.
A brief list of some of the most common reasons why buildings in Atlanta collapse would include:
- Flawed designs
- Weak and damaged foundations
- Failure to take safety precautions
- Defective building materials
- Excessive weight
- Failure to conduct strength tests
- Construction worker mistakes
Whether the building you were in collapsed due to a flawed foundation or poor design, you can count on Hasner Law PC to help you with your fight for compensation. We have the experience and skills necessary to handle just about any case – no matter how complex it may be. Contact us today to schedule an initial consultation with a member of our legal team.
Common Injuries Sustained in Atlanta Structure Collapses
When structures collapse on Atlanta residents, they can suffer a variety of painful injuries – some of which can leave them with long-term disabilities that prevent them from continuing their careers.
A short sampling of the most common injuries suffered by people who get into building collapse accidents in the United States would include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: When ceilings collapse and hit people in the head, they often sustain traumatic brain injuries.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: If a building collapse causes a person to suffer trauma to their back, they may suffer a spinal cord injury.
- Fractured Bones: It is not unusual for the victims of structure collapses in Atlanta to break their bones.
- Internal Organ Injuries: When a building collapse causes a person to suffer trauma to their torso, there is a good chance that they will damage an organ.
Treating these injuries is rarely a simple process. Patients frequently need to undergo surgery or attend months of occupational therapy before they can reach the point of maximum medical improvement.
These medical treatments are not cheap – even for families with excellent health insurance. As such, it is not at all unusual for individuals who suffer injuries in Atlanta structure collapses to incur tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills.
Were you injured in a deck or ceiling collapse on a construction site in the City of Atlanta? Then please get in touch with the experienced lawyers at Hasner Law PC at your earliest convenience. We may be able to use our knowledge of Georgia law to help you claim the compensation you need to pay for your medical expenses and other costs.
Identifying the Liable Party in Georgia Building Collapse Cases
When structures collapse in Atlanta, courts can hold any of the following parties liable for damages:
The Property Owner
The state of Georgia requires property owners to take steps to make sure that workers and visitors who enter their premises are as safe as possible. If they fail to do so, and an accident happens, courts can hold them liable for the medical bills and other expenses of the victims.
Engineers must make sure that the design of a building is safe before any construction takes place. When a structure collapse occurs because they made a mistake during this process, victims can sue them for damages.
The General Contractor
General contractors should execute the project according to the designs provided by the engineers. They must also ensure that workers follow all building codes and regulations during the construction process. Should a contractor fail to live up to their responsibilities, Georgia courts may hold them liable for damages in the event of a workplace accident.
The Equipment and Materials Suppliers
It is, unfortunately, not at all uncommon for buildings to collapse because of defects in the equipment or materials used to construct them. When an accident of this nature occurs, the victims can sue the at-fault suppliers.
The Demolition Company
It is sometimes necessary to tear down an existing structure before work can begin on a new building. When a demolition company carries out this process in an unsafe way, and an unexpected collapse happens, courts in Georgia can hold them liable for damages.
Would you like to have our seasoned personal injury lawyers review your case and help you identify the liable party? If so, please reach out to us today to set up a free initial consultation at our law office in Atlanta. Our team has many years of experience in the industry and is ready to assist you in any way we can.
How to Claim Compensation After a Building Collapse in Atlanta
There are three ways Atlanta residents can claim compensation after they or their family member is involved in a building collapse. They are:
Personal Injury Lawsuits
Individuals who sustain injuries while visiting a construction site can often recover compensation by filing a personal injury lawsuit against the owner of the property or their general contractor. Working with an experienced personal injury lawyer can ensure that you pursue compensation for all the damages you suffered. In doing so, they can generally claim damages for their:
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitative care costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Those who suffer injuries that leave them with permanent disabilities tend to receive the most sizable payouts in lawsuits of this nature.
Workers’ Compensation Claims
When employees sustain injuries in building collapses in Atlanta, they can usually recover benefits by filing a workers’ compensation claim. Depending on the nature and extent of their injuries, they may be able to claim some money for medical bills, lost income, and disability.
Wrongful Death Lawsuits
When Atlanta residents lose their lives in structure collapses, their family members can pursue compensation by filing wrongful death lawsuits. In doing so, they can often recover money for their:
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of inheritance
- Funeral expenses
Do you need an experienced legal professional to help you file a personal injury lawsuit or workers’ comp claim? Then please pick up the phone and call Hasner Law PC as soon as possible. We are always available to work tirelessly on behalf of our friends and neighbors in Atlanta.
Statute of Limitations for Building Collapse Cases in Georgia
The statute of limitations for structure collapse in Georgia depends on the type of legal action the victim or their family member chooses to pursue. When you work with an experienced attorney from Hasner Law PC you will have expert advice as to which avenue for compensation is right for you. Some of the legal actions that may be available include:
- Personal Injury Claim: Victims must usually file suit within two years of their accident.
- Workers’ Comp Claim: Workers must generally file a claim within a year of their accident or the date of their last medical treatment.
- Wrongful Death Claim: Families must typically file suit within two years of their loved one’s death.
Would you like to have a seasoned lawyer from Hasner Law PC help you begin your pursuit of compensation before your statutory window closes? Then please reach out to us today. We have handled countless cases like yours in the past, and we know how to make the process run smoothly.
Your Trusted Atlanta Construction Accident Lawyer
When local residents need an Atlanta building collapse lawyer to help them pursue damages for their injuries, they know they can always rely on Hasner Law PC. Our team has the experience and knowledge required to tackle even the most complex cases. If you would like to have us on your side as you fight for the compensation you deserve, please give us a call today.
Our personal injury law firm in Atlanta, GA also provides:
- Aviation Accident Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
- Car Accident Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
- Construction Accident Attorneys in Atlanta, GA
- Atlanta, GA Dog Bite Lawyers
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Atlanta, GA
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Atlanta, GA
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
- Atlanta, GA Wrongful Death Lawyers