Atlanta Anesthesia Injury Lawyer
Did an anesthesiologist in an Atlanta hospital make a mistake that caused you to sustain a severe, life-altering injury? Then you might be able to file a medical malpractice lawsuit to recover the compensation you require to pay for your recovery and ongoing care.
How Our Atlanta Law Firm Can Help with Your Anesthesia Injury Case
During their long and distinguished legal careers, the attorneys at Hasner Law PC have helped countless Atlanta residents fight for damages after instances of medical negligence. Over the years, our firm has secured an array of favorable verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients.
When you hire a personal injury attorney from our team to fight for compensation for your anesthesia error injury, we will:
- Provide you with answers to your complex legal questions
- Walk you through the legal options that are available to you
- Communicate with the other party’s attorneys on your behalf
- Look for relevant evidence that might help you prove your case
- Launch an independent investigation into the cause of your injury
- Handle your medical malpractice lawsuit’s administrative workload
- Provide you with astute legal advice and guidance as required
- Analyze your case and accurately assess your incurred damages
- Negotiate a settlement deal with the defendant’s insurer
- Argue on your behalf in court, if necessary
Would you like to have the experienced Atlanta medical malpractice and personal injury lawyers from Hasner Law PC help you battle for the compensation you deserve for your anesthesia injury? If so, please call us today and set up a free consultation at our law office in Atlanta. Our team knows how to win cases like yours, and we are more than ready to stand up for you.
Common Types of Anesthesia Errors in Atlanta
Becoming an anesthesiologist is not easy. Individuals who want to follow this career path must go through many years of schooling and on-the-job training.
Nevertheless, anesthesiologists are far from perfect. They regularly make mistakes that cause their patients to sustain injuries during surgery.
Some of the most common errors made by anesthesiologists in Atlanta, Georgia, include:
- Improperly intubating their patient
- Failing to adequately monitor their patient’s vital signs
- Administering too much anesthesia to their patient
- Administering too little anesthesia to their patient
- Unnecessarily delaying the administration of the anesthesia
- Failing to consider potentially hazardous drug interactions
- Using defective medical tools or equipment
- Failing to ask about the patient’s allergies
- Not providing the patient with clear post-procedure instructions
Did a failure to monitor your vital signs during a surgical procedure cause you to sustain a severe, life-altering injury? Then please get in touch with Hasner Law PC as soon as you possibly can. Our lawyers may be able to use their in-depth knowledge of the law to help you recover damages.
Common Injuries Caused By Anesthesia Errors in Atlanta
When Atlanta residents undergo surgical procedures at the hospital, they expect to wake up and hear that their operation was a complete success.
Unfortunately, things don’t always run quite so smoothly. It is not unusual for patients to come to and learn that they suffered an injury because of a mistake made by their anesthesiologist.
A brief sampling of the most common injuries caused by anesthesia errors would include:
- Brain Damage: Anesthesia errors can leave patients unable to speak, remember their family, or enjoy a good night’s sleep.
- Organ Damage: It is not unusual for the victims of anesthesia errors to wake up with damage to their heart, lungs, and other organs.
- Coma: Some people who go into surgery never wake up. Anesthesia mistakes leave them in a coma.
- Paralysis: When anesthesiologists make mistakes, their patients often end up partially or completely paralyzed.
In most instances, the severity of an anesthesia injury depends on how quickly physicians and other medical professionals identify and address them. The longer this process takes, the more severely injured the victim is likely to be.
Of course, treating anesthesia injuries is rarely easy. Patients frequently have to undergo further surgery and months or years of physical therapy.
These medical treatments can cost tens of thousands of dollars – even if the patient has health insurance.
If an anesthesia error caused you to suffer brain damage or organ failure, please contact Hasner Law PC as soon as you possibly can to schedule a free case consultation. Our experienced lawyers have been helping the people of Atlanta file medical malpractice claims for years, and we would love to do the same for you.
Compensation Available to Anesthesia Injury Victims in Atlanta
The amount of compensation available to people who sustain anesthesia injuries in the state of Georgia can vary significantly from one case to the next. Usually, courts and insurance companies determine the exact figure an individual will receive by looking at factors such as:
- The cost to provide the victim with immediate medical care
- The expenses associated with the victim’s rehabilitation
- The amount of time the victim missed from work
- The effect the victim’s injury will have on their career prospects
- The mental pain the victim endured because of their injury, and
- The impact the victim’s injury will have on their quality of life
Patients who emerge from their medical procedure with an injury that will leave them permanently disabled and prevent them from returning to their jobs generally receive the most sizable compensatory awards.
When the attorneys at our Atlanta law firm represent people who suffered injuries because of anesthesia errors, we pursue damages for their:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Lost income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Unfortunately, anesthesia mistakes don’t just cause injuries. From time to time, they can also cause patients to lose their lives. When this nightmare scenario happens, our attorneys help grieving families file wrongful death lawsuits to recover compensation for their:
- Loss of inheritance
- Burial or cremation expenses, and
- Loss of consortium
The lawyers at Hasner Law PC have been holding medical professionals accountable for their mistakes for many years. During that time, our team has recovered untold sums of money on behalf of the residents of Atlanta. If you would like to have us go to battle on your behalf, all you need to do is pick up the phone and give us a call today.
Statute of Limitations for Anesthesia Injury Claims in Georgia
Section 9-3-71 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated explains that “an action for medical malpractice shall be brought within two years.” This law means that individuals who sustain injuries because of a mistake made by an anesthesiologist must generally file suit before the second anniversary of their surgical procedure. Should they fail to do so, they may forfeit their right to compensation.
The statute of limitations for wrongful death claims in the state of Georgia is also two years. So, families who wish to recover damages after losing a loved one to an anesthesia mistake must take action before that deadline passes.
If the statute of limitations for your medical malpractice or wrongful death case is set to expire in the coming weeks or months, please reach out to a skilled attorney from Hasner Law PC as soon as possible. We have years of experience in the legal industry, and we will work tirelessly to try to get your documents filed with the court on time.
How Long Does it Take to Recover Compensation for Anesthesia Injuries?
No two anesthesia injury lawsuits in Georgia are alike. As such, the amount of time it takes to resolve them can vary quite a lot from case to case. Some claims can reach a conclusion in a matter of months, while others might continue for years.
A brief list of some of the factors that can impact the length of time it may take to recover compensation for anesthesia injuries would include:
- The severity of the victim’s injuries
- The amount of medical care the victim will require
- The complexity of the anesthesiologist’s mistake
- Inaction on the part of the defendant’s insurance company
- Liens against the case, and
- The amount of time it takes to gather evidence
No matter how complex or time consuming your medical malpractice case may be, you can count on Hasner Law PC to get you through it. Give us a call today to set up a free consultation at our Atlanta law offices and start building a productive attorney-client relationship.
Your Trusted Atlanta Medical Malpractice Lawyer
When the people of Atlanta need a lawyer to help them fight for damages after suffering an injury at the hands of a medical professional, they know they can rely on Hasner Law PC. Our Atlanta anesthesia injury lawyers have the knowledge and experience required to handle even the most complex cases. If you want us to assist you with your fight for compensation for your anesthesia injury, please do not hesitate to give us a call or contact us online.