Atlanta Emergency Room Errors Lawyer
Did you suffer an injury after a doctor made an error while treating you in an Atlanta emergency room? If so, you might be able to file a medical malpractice lawsuit and recover compensation from those responsible. To do so, however, you will need the assistance of a seasoned Atlanta emergency room error lawyer from Hasner Law PC.
How Our Atlanta Law Firm Can Help with Your Emergency Room Errors Case
When the residents of Atlanta need a skilled litigator to help them fight for damages after suffering an injury at the hands of a negligent doctor, they know they can rely on Hasner Law PC. Our team has the knowledge and experience required to handle even the most complex malpractice cases.
When you hire an Atlanta personal injury lawyer from our firm to help you with your pursuit of compensation, we will:
- Identify the emergency room staff member that caused your injury
- Analyze the specifics of your case and assess your damages
- Consult with a medical expert about the details of your case
- Walk you through your potential legal options
- Put together an effective legal strategy for your malpractice case
- Look for evidence that might help to prove your case
- Answer any questions you may have about the Georgia legal system
- Launch an independent investigation into the cause of your injury
- Handle your lawsuit’s administrative workload
- Provide you with sound legal advice and guidance as needed
- Communicate with the defendant’s legal team on your behalf
- Negotiate a settlement with the defendant’s insurer
- Argue on your behalf in court, if necessary
Are you ready to have a knowledgeable Atlanta medical malpractice lawyer from Hasner Law PC help you battle for the compensation you deserve? Then please do not hesitate to reach out and schedule a free initial consultation at our law office in Atlanta, Georgia. We understand how to win cases like yours, and we would be happy to assist you in any way we can.
Common Types of Emergency Room Errors in Atlanta, GA
Some of the most common types of errors and mistakes that occur in hospitals in Atlanta include:
- Failing to diagnose medical conditions
- Failing to perform full medical evaluations
- Failing to order necessary diagnostic tests
- Improperly inserting IV lines
- Improperly suturing wounds
- Miscommunication between staff members
- Miscommunication between doctors and patients
- Failing to take a thorough patient history
- Failing to explain procedures to patients
- Failing to provide post-procedure instructions to patients
- Failing to consider adverse reactions to medications
No matter who or what caused you to suffer an injury, you can rely on the legal team at Hasner Law PC to help you battle for the compensation you deserve. Our attorneys have spent years in the industry and know what it takes to win cases like yours. Contact us today to set up a consultation at our law offices in Atlanta and learn more about our services.
Who Is Liable for Atlanta Emergency Room Errors?
Emergency rooms in Atlanta hospitals can have dozens of people working in them at any one time. As such, it is not always easy to determine who is at-fault when errors occur. In most cases, however, liability falls on one or more of the following parties:
- An emergency room nurse
- An emergency room doctors
- A member of the hospital’s administrative staff
- A pharmacist
- An anesthesiologists
- A drug manufacturer
- The hospital
- A third-party contractor or vendor
Do you need help filing suit against a negligent emergency room doctor or nurse? Then please pick up your phone and reach out to the experienced legal professionals at Hasner Law PC. We have been practicing law in the state of Georgia for years, and we are ready to go to battle for you.
Proving Liability in Georgia Medical Malpractice Cases
Before an Atlanta resident can recover damages for their emergency room injuries, they must prove that:
- The other party owed them a high standard of care
- The other party acted negligently, carelessly, or recklessly
- The other party’s actions caused them to suffer an injury, and
- Their injury is as life-altering or painful as they claim
In most instances, the best way for plaintiffs to prove these four points is to present the court with a plethora of relevant evidentiary materials, like:
- Testimony from expert witnesses
- Test results
- Prescriptions, and
- Consultation records
At Hasner Law PC we have been helping the people of Atlanta search for the evidence they need to prove their medical malpractice cases for many years. We would be more than happy to do the same for you. To enlist our services, all you need to do is give us a call or contact us online today.
Common Injuries Caused By Atlanta Emergency Room Errors
When Atlanta residents visit an emergency room, they expect to receive a high level of medical care. They expect to leave the facility ready to begin their path to recovery.
Unfortunately, things do not always work out as planned. Doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals regularly make errors that leave patients with severe injuries.
A short sampling of some of the common injuries caused by mistakes and errors in Atlanta emergency rooms would include:
- Brain Injuries: When medical mistakes stop the flow of oxygen to the brain, life-altering injuries are common.
- Internal Organ Damage: Errors in administering drugs in emergency rooms can leave patients with internal organ damage.
- Amputations: If emergency room physicians fail to treat an infected arm or leg in a timely manner, they may need to amputate the limb.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: When emergency room staff fail to stabilize a patient’s neck, spinal cord injuries frequently occur.
- Death: It is, unfortunately, not at all uncommon for mistakes made in Atlanta emergency rooms to cause patients to lose their lives.
Did you recently sustain a brain injury or internal organ damage as a result of a visit to an emergency room in Atlanta, GA? Then please reach out to a skilled medical malpractice lawyer from Hasner Law PC. Our law firm may be able to use our experience in the industry to secure the compensation you deserve.
Damages Available to the Victims of Atlanta Emergency Room Errors
The amount of compensation paid out to Atlantans who sustain injuries as a result of mistakes in emergency rooms depends on a variety of different factors, such as:
- The initial cost of treating the victim’s injury
- The expenses associated with the victim’s rehabilitation
- The amount of time the victim missed from work
- The effect the victim’s injury will have on their earning capacity
- The mental anguish the victim endured because of their injury
- The impact the victim’s injury will have on their overall quality of life
Individuals who suffer injuries that leave them with permanent disabilities and prevent them from returning to their careers usually receive the most substantial payouts.
The lawyers at Hasner Law PC have been helping injured Atlantans with their medical malpractice cases for years. When we do, we almost always demand compensation for their:
- Health care bills
- Rehabilitative care costs
- Lost income
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Unfortunately, it is not at all uncommon for Atlanta residents to lose their lives as a result of emergency room errors. When this nightmare scenario occurs, our experienced medical malpractice attorneys help their families file wrongful death lawsuits. In doing so, we typically pursue damages for their:
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of inheritance
- Burial or cremation costs
Do you want to have an Atlanta medical malpractice attorney from Hasner Law PC review the details of your case and provide you with an estimate of its worth? Then please give us a call and set up a free consultation with a member of our knowledgeable legal team as soon as possible. Our firm has worked on countless cases of this nature in the past, so you can feel confident that our assessment will be accurate.
Statute of Limitations for Medical Negligence Lawsuits in Georgia
Section 9-3-71 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated (OCGA) explains that the standard statute of limitations for medical malpractice lawsuits in the Peach State is two years. This rule means that Atlanta residents who suffer injuries as a result of emergency room errors must typically file suit against the liable party before the second anniversary of their procedure.
Do you need some help filing your medical malpractice lawsuit before the statute of limitations expires? Then please contact the seasoned personal injury lawyers at Hasner Law PC in Atlanta, Georgia, as soon as possible. We have the legal experience and statutory knowledge required to handle your case with the care and attention it deserves.
Your Trusted Atlanta Medical Malpractice Attorney
Over the years, the skilled legal team at Hasner Law PC has helped many Atlanta residents file medical malpractice suits against negligent hospitals and medical professionals. During that time, we have secured a myriad of favorable verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients. If you want to have an Atlanta emergency room errors lawyer from our firm go to battle on your behalf, all you need to do is give us a call.