As a defensive motorcyclist, you must always pay attention to your surroundings, follow traffic laws, and never ride in a vehicle’s blind spot. However, not everyone on the road is as careful as you. If you are injured in a motorcycle accident due to someone else’s negligence, you may have legal options to recover compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses. Working with a highly qualified lawyer protects your rights during the legal process and enables you to focus on recovery.
The attorneys at Hasner Law have decades of experience helping motorcycle accident victims recover life-changing settlements and verdicts. With our compassionate and fierce legal guidance, we fight to maximize your compensation so you have the support and resources to heal following an accident.
How the Motorcycle Accident Lawyers at Hasner Law Can Help Your Claim
When you are injured due to another individual’s negligence, the last thing you want to worry about is dealing with the insurance company. The Marietta motorcycle accident attorneys at Hasner Law are here to help. We know the tactics insurance adjusters use to minimize payouts or deny claims. We fiercely advocate for you and go toe-to-toe fighting for the compensation you deserve.
We increase your chances of a favorable outcome by handling the following aspects of your motorcycle accident claim:
- Investigating your accident and gathering evidence: We will investigate your accident to gather vital evidence of negligence. We analyze police reports, interview witnesses, consult with accident reconstruction experts, and examine medical records to build a strong case.
- Determining liability: Determining liability in motorcycle accidents is challenging, especially when multiple parties are involved. We work diligently to identify the responsible parties, such as negligent drivers, vehicle manufacturers, or government entities responsible for road maintenance.
- Negotiating with insurance companies: Dealing with the insurance company can be a daunting task, as they often attempt to minimize settlements or deny claims altogether. We have extensive experience negotiating with adjusters on behalf of clients. We ensure your rights are protected and strive to secure the compensation you deserve.
- Pursuing legal action: In cases where insurance settlements are inadequate, we take the necessary legal action by filing a lawsuit, guiding you through the litigation process, and representing your best interests in the courtroom.
- Maximizing compensation: We will assess the full extent of your losses, including present and future damages.
- Obtaining expert testimony: We retain field experts to provide expert testimony on your behalf to build the strongest case possible.
We take the stress off your shoulders by meticulously handling everything from initial consultation to resolution. Speak with one of our experienced Marietta motorcycle accident lawyers to understand your best legal options.
Determining Liability in a Motorcycle Accident Claim
Determining liability in motorcycle accident claims involves a careful analysis of facts and evidence surrounding the incident. While every case is unique, the following are some key factors that help determine liability:
- Police reports: Obtain a copy of the police report from the scene of the accident. This document often contains vital information, such as witness statements, the officer’s observations, and any citations issued.
- Eyewitness testimony: Gather statements from individuals who witnessed the accident. Eyewitness accounts can provide valuable insight into the sequence of events and help establish fault.
- Accident reconstruction expert testimony: Consult with accident reconstruction experts who can analyze the physical evidence, skid marks, vehicle damage, and other relevant factors to recreate the accident scene.
- Maintenance and equipment defects: Consider whether any issues related to maintenance or faulty equipment contributed to the accident.
- Video or photo evidence: Check for any available video footage or picture evidence of the accident captured by surveillance cameras, dash cams, or witnesses. Such evidence can provide a clear visual representation of how the accident occurred and assist with determining liability.
Different types of evidence can be used to build a strong claim and determine whether the other party acted negligently. Negligence occurs when someone fails to exercise reasonable care, leading to harm or injury. Examples of negligence in motorcycle accidents can include distracted driving, drunk driving, failure to check blind spots, or sudden lane changes without signaling.
Damages Available in a Successful Motorcycle Accident Claim
In a successful motorcycle accident claim, various types of damages may be available to compensate victims for the losses suffered due to the opposing party’s lack of duty of care. The specific damages you may recover depend on the circumstances of the accident.
You may recover the following economic and non-economic damages:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Disability and disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages
- Wrongful death
Working with experienced Marietta motorcycle accident attorneys ensures all applicable damages are identified and pursued, maximizing the compensation you deserve for present and future losses.
Speak With the Top-Rated Motorcycle Accident Lawyers at Hasner Law
Motorcycle accidents may impact the lives of victims in the long term. By working with the lawyers at Hasner Law, you can confidently navigate the legal process and receive the support necessary to obtain maximum compensation.