The convenience of services like Uber and Lyft has become an integral part of our lives. Although these modern transportation solutions have given us the freedom to travel at our fingertips, they also require us to put our safety in the hands of strangers. While most rideshare trips are completed without a hitch, sometimes they end in horrific accidents.
If you or someone you care about was injured in a rideshare accident in Marietta or the surrounding area, a Hasner Law personal injury attorney may be able to help. At Hasner Law, our mission is to be your unwavering ally in your pursuit of justice and rightful compensation after suffering the effects of a rideshare accident.
Damages You Could Recover After a Rideshare Accident in Marietta, Georgia
In a rideshare accident claim, the damages you could potentially recover depend on the specifics of your case, the extent of your injuries, and the liability of the parties involved. Types of damages you may be eligible to recover after a rideshare accident in Marietta include, but are not limited to:
- Medical expenses: This includes expenses for medical treatment related to your injuries, such as hospital bills, surgeries, doctor’s visits, prescription medications, physical therapy, and rehabilitation.
- Lost wages: If your injuries prevent you from working, you may be eligible to recover monetary compensation for the income you have lost, including future earnings if your injuries result in long-term disability or diminished earning capacity.
- Property damage: If your personal property (such as your vehicle) was damaged in the accident, you can seek compensation for repairs or the fair market value of your property if it was totaled.
- Pain and suffering: Non-economic damages like physical pain, mental anguish, and reduced quality of life may also be recoverable. Calculating pain and suffering damages can be subjective and typically requires the expertise of a Marietta, GA rideshare accident attorney.
- Permanent disability: If the accident resulted in a permanent disability or impairment, you could be entitled to compensation for the lifelong impact on your life, including ongoing medical expenses, home modifications, and adaptive equipment.
- Loss of consortium: Spouses or family members may be eligible for compensation if they have suffered a loss of companionship or support due to your injuries.
- Wrongful death: In the tragic event of a fatality, surviving family members may be able to recover damages through a wrongful death lawsuit, including funeral and burial expenses, loss of financial support, and emotional distress.
- Punitive damages: In cases of extreme negligence or intentional wrongdoing, punitive damages may be awarded to penalize the at-fault party and deter similar behavior in the future. These damages are less common and typically require proof of egregious conduct.
Consult with an experienced Marietta rideshare accident lawyer to assess the specific details of your case and determine the types and amounts of damages you may recover. At Hasner Law, we work diligently to build a compelling case on your behalf to secure the maximum compensation possible.
Who Could Be Held Liable for a Marietta Rideshare Accident?
In a rideshare accident, liability can be complex and may depend on the specific circumstances of the accident. Potential parties who could be held liable include:
The Rideshare Driver
The rideshare driver may be held liable if their negligence contributed to the accident. However, the driver’s personal insurance policy typically applies when they are not actively engaged in a ride (i.e., the app is off). When the driver is en route to pick up a customer or has a customer in the vehicle, the rideshare company’s insurance typically becomes primary.
The Rideshare Company
Rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft have insurance policies that cover accidents involving their drivers. These policies usually provide coverage when the driver is actively using the app for ridesharing purposes, such as when they have accepted a ride request or are transporting a passenger. The rideshare company may be held liable if their driver was at fault or if there are issues with their insurance coverage.
Other parties may also be held liable for a rideshare accident in Marietta, such as:
- Vehicle manufacturers: In some cases, if a mechanical defect or a faulty part in the rideshare vehicle contributed to the accident, the vehicle manufacturer or the manufacturer of the faulty part may be held liable.
- Road maintenance entities: If poor road conditions, inadequate signage, or other factors related to road maintenance contributed to the accident, liability could extend to any road maintenance entities responsible for that stretch of road.
- Other drivers: If another driver’s negligence caused the accident, that driver may be held liable for your injuries and damages. This is often the case in multi-vehicle accidents.
Determining liability in a rideshare accident can be complex, and it often requires a thorough investigation by a legal professional.
How a Rideshare Accident Attorney Can Help
At Hasner Law, our Marietta Uber/Lyft accident lawyers help crash victims by:
- Conducting thorough case evaluations: We will assess the details of your case, including the accident report, witness statements, medical records, and insurance policies, to determine the strength of your case and the potentially liable parties.
- Providing top-notch legal guidance: Rideshare accident cases can be legally complex, involving multiple insurance policies and regulations. Our team understands the intricacies of these cases and can navigate the legal landscape effectively.
- Handling insurance claims: Your Hasner Law attorney can communicate with insurance companies on your behalf, confirming your claims are handled fairly and you receive the maximum compensation available under the policies involved.
- Leading negotiations: At Hasner Law, we negotiate with insurance companies and other parties to secure a fair settlement that covers your medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering.
The Hasner Law team provides essential legal representation, guidance, and support throughout the entire claims process, from initial consultation to negotiation or litigation, ultimately working to secure the compensation you need to recover and move forward with your life after a Marietta rideshare accident.
Reach Out to an Experienced Marietta Rideshare Accident Lawyer Today
The experienced team of Marietta, GA Uber/Lyft accident attorneys with Hasner Law possesses the knowledge, experience, and unwavering commitment to confirm you receive the compensation you deserve. Whether through skillful negotiation or assertive litigation, we tirelessly fight for your rights, allowing you to focus on healing and rebuilding.