Drivers in Marietta should always maintain awareness of their surroundings and the presence of pedestrians; unfortunately, this isn’t always the case. Pedestrians, being considerably smaller than vehicles, often find themselves overlooked by drivers. Pedestrian accidents can occur in the blink of an eye, yet the repercussions of these incidents can last a lifetime.
Such accidents frequently result in severe injuries for the victims. At Hasner Law, our Marietta pedestrian accident lawyers firmly believe those at fault should be held accountable for their actions, especially when their negligence results in a catastrophic injury or the loss of a loved one.
Compensation You May Recover in a Marietta, Georgia Pedestrian Accident Claim
Pedestrian accident victims and their families may face financial hardships due to mounting medical bills and loss of income. By retaining a Hasner Law Marietta pedestrian accident attorney to assist with your claim, you and your family may be eligible for compensation to cover losses such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Past and future medical bills
- Lifestyle changes
- Loss of companionship
- Emotional distress
- Loss of personal enjoyment
- Past and future lost wages
- Physical therapy
- Funeral expenses
- Reconstructive surgery
- In-home rehabilitation
- Ambulance transportation
Our primary objective is to help you get back on your feet so you can return to your life as it was before the accident. Hasner Law personal injury attorneys have the necessary experience and know-how to guide you through the claims process and make it as straightforward as possible.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Marietta, Georgia
Pedestrian accidents can occur in Marietta, Georgia, as they can in any city, due to various factors. Some of the common causes of pedestrian accidents in Marietta, Georgia, and elsewhere include:
- Distracted driving: Distracted driving, particularly due to cell phone use, is a leading cause of pedestrian accidents. Drivers texting, talking on the phone, or engaging in other distractions may not see pedestrians in crosswalks or at intersections.
- Speeding: Speeding reduces a driver’s reaction time and the distance needed to stop a vehicle. When drivers exceed the speed limit, they are more likely to be unable to stop in time to avoid hitting a pedestrian.
- Failure to yield: Drivers who fail to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians at crosswalks or intersections contribute to accidents. Pedestrians typically have the right-of-way in designated crosswalks.
- Impaired driving: Alcohol or drug impairment significantly affects a driver’s judgment, reflexes, and ability to react to pedestrians. Drunk or drugged drivers are more likely to cause accidents involving pedestrians.
- Poor visibility: Low-light conditions, adverse weather, and inadequate street lighting can reduce visibility for both drivers and pedestrians, increasing the risk of accidents.
- Ignoring traffic signals: Pedestrian accidents can occur when drivers run red lights or stop signs, and pedestrians may also be at fault if they ignore signals and walk against traffic.
- Inattentive pedestrians: Pedestrians can also contribute to accidents by not paying attention to their surroundings. This includes using smartphones while walking, wearing headphones, or crossing streets without looking for oncoming traffic.
- Reversing vehicles: Accidents can happen when drivers reverse their vehicles without checking for pedestrians, especially in parking lots and driveways.
- Unmarked crossings: The absence of marked crosswalks or pedestrian signals can make it difficult for both drivers and pedestrians to anticipate each other’s movements, leading to accidents.
- Obstructed views: Obstructed views due to parked cars, overgrown vegetation, or other objects can make it challenging for drivers and pedestrians to see each other.
When a pedestrian accident occurs, we can help you hold the responsible party accountable. At Hasner Law, our Marietta, GA pedestrian accident lawyers can represent your interests throughout your case, guiding you through the process step by step.
How Can an Attorney Assist You in a Marietta Pedestrian Accident Case?
We offer the following services to assist pedestrian accident victims and maximize potential settlements in Marietta, Georgia:
- Conduct a comprehensive accident investigation
- Gather essential evidence to establish liability
- Collaborate with reputable medical professionals
- Negotiate with all involved parties
- Prepare your case for court, if necessary
- Ensure accurate and timely filing of all documents
- Evaluate the total extent of your losses to determine the rightful value of your claim
- Negotiate a satisfactory settlement with the negligent parties
- Address any inquiries you may have about the legal process and your case
Experience in handling pedestrian accident cases is vital. Attorneys who focus on this area of law have a deep understanding of the unique challenges and legal nuances involved in these cases.
Seek Legal Counsel From a Marietta, Georgia, Pedestrian Accident Attorney
At Hasner Law, our attorneys are chosen for their compassionate yet assertive approach. When you collaborate with our team, your Marietta pedestrian accident lawyer will support you every step of the way, confirming that you always have a clear understanding of your position in your pedestrian accident claim.
If you or a loved one has suffered harm in a Marietta, Georgia, pedestrian accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. Contact our firm today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation by phone at (678) 928-8784 or by submitting our convenient contact form.