Atlanta Texting and Driving Accident Lawyer
Texting and driving accidents have become a pervasive and dangerous problem, resulting in injuries and even fatalities. When drivers choose to engage in this risky behavior, they not only endanger themselves but also put innocent lives at risk. If you suffered injuries in a texting and driving accident, you may have legal options. With the help of a car accident lawyer, you may seek compensation for damages, including medical treatment, lost wages, and other losses.
The lawyers at Hasner Law have over 100 years of combined experience helping texting and driving accident victims recover the compensation they deserve. With tailored legal strategies and compassionate guidance, we build a strong case on your behalf so you can focus on recovery.
How the Texting and Driving Accident Lawyers at Hasner Law Can Help Your Claim
Not only is texting and driving dangerous, but it is also unlawful. As of July 1, 2018, Georgia passed a “hands-free” law prohibiting drivers from holding a phone in their hand or touching any part of their body while talking when driving. If you suffered injuries due to someone else’s lack of duty of care, the Atlanta texting and driving accident attorneys at Hasner Law will help you seek the compensation you deserve. We know the tactics insurance companies use to attempt to diminish or deny your claim. With our fierce advocacy and representation, we will strive to obtain justice for the harm you suffered.
We help increase your chances of success in a texting and driving accident claim in the following ways:
- Case evaluation: We will evaluate the specific details of your case to determine its strengths and viability. We’ll review evidence, assess liability, and identify your best legal options.
- Gathering evidence: Building a strong case requires gathering compelling evidence. Our lawyers will conduct an in-depth investigation into the accident, obtaining vital evidence such as cell phone records, witness statements, accident reports, and surveillance footage.
- Establishing liability: Proving negligence is essential in a texting and driving accident claim. We will work to establish the opposing driver was texting while driving, demonstrating their breach of duty and casual connection to the accident.
- Negotiating with insurance companies: Dealing with insurance adjusters can be challenging, as they often use unjust tactics to protect their own bottom line. We will handle all communications with the insurance company on your behalf and advocate for the compensation you deserve.
- Top-rated representation: If a fair settlement cannot be reached, your lawyers will be prepared to take your case to court. We will represent you throughout the process and strive to secure a favorable outcome.
- Legal guidance and support: Throughout the entire legal process, we will provide guidance, support, and peace of mind. Our experience and knowledge will alleviate legal burdens on your shoulders, allowing you to focus on recovery.
To understand your legal options, speak with one of our dedicated Atlanta texting and driving accident lawyers during a complimentary consultation today.
How to Prove Liability in a Texting and Driving Accident Claim
Proving liability in a texting and driving collision claim requires gathering compelling evidence that establishes the at-fault party’s negligence. The following are key types of evidence that can help strengthen your claim:
- Police report: Acquire a copy of the police report filed at the accident scene. The report may contain important details, such as any citation issued to the at-fault driver and the officer’s observations.
- Eyewitness testimony: Gather statements from witnesses who observed the distracted driving behavior leading up to the accident.
- Cell phone records: Request the at-fault driver’s cell phone records, which can show whether they were actively using their cell phone at the time of the accident.
- Social media or messaging apps: Obtain evidence from social media platforms or messaging apps that may indicate the at-fault driver’s engaging in texting while driving.
- Video or images: Seek any available video footage or images captured by surveillance cameras, dash cams, or cell phones.
- Expert analysis: Consult an accident reconstruction expert who can analyze the evidence to provide expert opticians. They may also establish a link between the at-fault driver’s texting and the accident, reinforcing your claim.
- Traffic violations: Determine whether the at-fault driver committed any traffic violations, such as running a red light, failing to yield, or improper lane changes.
The experienced Atlanta texting and driving accident lawyers at Hasner Law can help you develop a strong case to prove liability and increase your chances of a successful claim.
Speak With the Texting and Driving Accident Lawyers at Hasner Law
If you have suffered injuries in an accident due to a negligent party’s decision to text and drive, the lawyers at Hasner Law are prepared to fight for the justice you deserve.
Our top-rated Atlanta texting and driving accident attorneys have helped countless texting and driving accident victims to recover life-changing settlements and verdicts. Call today for a free consultation at (678) 928-8784 or fill out a contact form.