Tell us about your case.
Atlanta Workers' Compensation Attorney
If you have been injured on the job, the attorneys at Hasner Law can help. We have a team of experienced trial attorneys committed to providing you with strong legal representation. Your case will be given the attention and priority it deserves. Our promise is to represent you with the highest integrity and fight aggressively to obtain the benefits you deserve.
At Hasner Law, we are dedicated to treating our clients with compassion, courtesy and respect. Our knowledge and understanding of the complex Georgia Workers’ Compensation Law provides us with the ability to handle your claim in a timely fashion. Our skilled Atlanta Workers’ Compensation attorneys and paralegals go above and beyond to guide you through the legal process.
Workers' compensation cases are taken on a contingency fee basis. There is no fee unless we recover benefits for you. To schedule a free initial consultation, contact us today at 678-888-HURT (4878) or toll free 1(855) 888-HURT (4878). Read More
Atlanta Workers are Entitled to Workers' Compensation
Under Georgia’s Worker’s Compensation law, you are entitled to medical, rehabilitation, income, death and other benefits due to a work-related injury. At Hasner Law, we are the leading Atlanta workers’ compensation attorneys and we recover millions of dollars in benefits every year for injured workers. Our reputation in the community is unparalleled and we have attained the highest legal and ethical ratings. Having us on your side is a critical factor to the success of your worker’s compensation claim.
Our legal team has a strong history of helping injured workers get the medical attention and financial compensation that they need after being injured on the job. Atlanta Workers' compensation cases are taken only on a contingency fee basis. There is no fee at all unless we recover benefits for you. Call us today at 678-888-HURT (4878) or toll free 1(855) 888-HURT (4878). Se habla español.
Misconceptions of Georgia Workers' Compensation Laws
The experienced legal team at Hasner Law can help you understand the common misconceptions of workers’ compensation laws. The rules and statutes are constantly evolving with workers’ compensation claims. At Hasner Law we are committed to guiding you through your legal rights and recover lost wages and medical benefits.
What is Permitted Under the Georgia Workers' Compensation Laws
When an employee is injured at work, they may not realize what the workers’ compensation laws dictate and could miss out on some of the benefits they are entitled to receive. Hasner Law can explain that you do not have to be treated by a doctor your employer tells you to go see, you can choose a doctor from a panel. If no panel exists, you can choose your own doctor.
Hasner Law can walk you through the claim process and help you understand the difficult legal issues. You can have confidence that our experienced Atlanta workers’ compensation attorneys will guide you through the legal process.
Atlanta Lawyers Standing by to Help
Be proactive and call Stephen Hasner, an Atlanta Workers’ Compensation Attorney, as soon as possible after your work-related injury occurs. We will be your representative and help you understand your rights involved in the claim process.
Top Misconceptions of Workers' Compensation Laws
Here are some of the top misconceptions concerning workers compensation laws in Georgia that an Atlanta Workers Compensation Lawyer, can help you with:
1. If you have a pre-existing injury or illness and get injured at work and aggravate that condition, it cannot be covered. Incorrect. If you are hurt during a work related activity, it does not matter - you are still covered.
2. You receive your same paycheck when you get injured. Incorrect. You will receive between 66 2/3 percent up to the state limit.
3. If the injury occurs off the job site then you cannot make a claim. Incorrect. If your job requires you to work off the work site, then an injury may still be covered.
4. Your employer’s insurance company will not cover a doctor to take care of your work related injury. Incorrect. Hasner Law, an Atlanta Workers’ Compensation law firm, will tell you that you are entitled to a doctor to treat your work related injury.
5. You are not allowed to claim things like cancer, lung disease, hearing loss or asthma. Incorrect. If any of these conditions appeared due to some aspect of your job, then you can make a claim. Talk with Stephen Hasner, an experienced Atlanta Workers’ Compensation Attorney, for more information on your situation.
6. You cannot be fired due to your injury. Unfortunately, you can lose your job under some circumstances, and it is certainly helpful to have a workers’ compensation lawyer in Atlanta to consult with so you can be sure your rights are protected.
7. You cannot be compensated for your injury if the accident was your own fault. Incorrect. Hasner Law can help determine if your situation permits workers’ compensation benefits.
8. You cannot fight for required medical treatment and have to settle for what they provide you. Incorrect. Hasner Law, a Workers’ compensation law firm in Atlanta, will fight for the benefits you need.
Injured Worker vs. Employer
Oftentimes, a potential workers’ compensation claim causes a lot of tension between the worker and the employer. An expert Atlanta Workers’ Compensation Attorney such as Stephen Hasner, will explain how employers will contest your claim for payments. In such a contested case, or in any of the situations where someone has been seriously injured, a specialized workers’ compensation lawyer with many years of experience in handling claims on behalf of injured workers should be consulted.
The fact is that workers’ compensation rules and regulations can be very confusing; especially during a time of high stress after an accident. Employees in Atlanta suffering from a work related injury have an ally with Hasner Law, the top workers’ compensation law firm in Georgia. We are on your side every step of the process and they are available to discuss your rights.